Garmin Down For Maintenance

Kom

Looks like there may still be some issues that they are resolving.

I usually go the the connect.garmin website on my phone and export the gpx file of my ride to import it into cyclemeter, its meen throwing up an error the last few days when I try. Even tried from the pc and same thing.

(I still dont know why there isnt an option to export the gpx file from the app)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like there may still be some issues that they are resolving.

I usually go the the connect.garmin website on my phone and export the gpx file of my ride to import it into cyclemeter, its meen throwing up an error the last few days when I try. Even tried from the pc and same thing.

(I still dont know why there isnt an option to export the gpx file from the app)

I needed for the first time since I had a Garmin to save the gpx file over the weekend.  I also experienced a problem on the Garmin connect website.  But the ride did sync with Strava so just went to STrava and saved the gpx file from there.  Interresting there is a 2 km dif between what Garmin said I rode and Strava.  But for what I needed it, it was fine.

I've experienced the same thing (I wanted the GPX file from my ride so I could add the trails to OpenStreetMap). Like you I just downloaded the Strava version.

My GC is syncing fine with strava but not fully with Momentum. TBH I wouldn't be phased if the strava sync wasn't working as A, it's not that NB to me right now and B, there are ways around it but for Momentum I need it to sync for my points/discounts. My rides are syncing but not my steps. Thought it was maybe something to do with using 2 devices(edge for rides and forerunner for steps) but did a test on the weekend where I used the forerunner on the ride and it worked fine. 

I needed for the first time since I had a Garmin to save the gpx file over the weekend.  I also experienced a problem on the Garmin connect website.  But the ride did sync with Strava so just went to STrava and saved the gpx file from there.  Interresting there is a 2 km dif between what Garmin said I rode and Strava.  But for what I needed it, it was fine.

when I try and download from Strava (using my phone) I only get a 32kb file, doesnt seem to download the entire file.

My GC is syncing fine with strava but not fully with Momentum. TBH I wouldn't be phased if the strava sync wasn't working as A, it's not that NB to me right now and B, there are ways around it but for Momentum I need it to sync for my points/discounts. My rides are syncing but not my steps. Thought it was maybe something to do with using 2 devices(edge for rides and forerunner for steps) but did a test on the weekend where I used the forerunner on the ride and it worked fine. 

Same with Discovery...

Received this via e-mail on Friday:

Keep tracking your GARMIN workouts – you’ll still get your Vitality points

Garmin is still experiencing an outage that’s affecting the Garmin Connect platform. We are currently receiving workout data from GARMIN, however this process is taking time and there will be a delay in allocating Vitality points for workouts using your Garmin Device.

Although we are receiving workout data from GARMIN, step data has not yet pulled through. GARMIN is aware of this and do not anticipate that any data will be lost. The GARMIN team is working hard to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Rest assured that your all your workouts and step data will sync with Vitality as soon as Garmin Connect is back online and Vitality points will be awarded for both qualifying workouts and steps.

Vitality Active Rewards members who have achieved their goals for the affected weeks will still be allocated their plays on the gameboard.

We are in constant communication with the GARMIN team and will continue to share regular updates with you..

You can find more info on the Garmin issue at https://connect.garmin.com/status/

So they had to pay eventually?

Garmin has paid a ransom worth millions of dollars to the group that encrypted its data and forced it to shut down its systems, reports Sky News.

Really bad news if they paid. This will excite cybercrime and once they know there is way more than just a statement to be made we will see bigger and more frequent attacks.

Buckle up people, your data has never been so valuable!!

My uploads to Discovery are working fine. I disabled the auto sync to Strava as that data comes from my Lezyne unit now.

The only thing that isn’t working is the Drive rewards, since they changed the drive goals. It says that the Insure app isn’t installed, but it is. The trips are recording but I can’t view the details.

Really bad news if they paid. This will excite cybercrime and once they know there is way more than just a statement to be made we will see bigger and more frequent attacks.

Its not the data that they are after, they couldn't careless.

They are after the operational business interruption. 

Yes, but I have to say that we as users should carry some of the blame in that descision.  Consumers put a huge amount of pressure on the corperates because we want to use our products (which we paid for).  Should Garmin not get back online quickly they will loose quite a bit of income and that would be way more than loosing the ransom money.

That Garmin got caught in the first place is not good.  But this is the cyberworld and it can happen at anytime to any company.  It would have been good to see Garmin show them the finger and not pay the ransom and get back online quick.  Hope they (Garmin) and many other companies take note and sort out their disaster recovery procedures and are prepared for the next attack to tell the guys to pick a finger.

Its not the data that they are after, they couldn't careless.

They are after the operational business interruption.

Yeah, that’s what I was meaning. Pretty sure they couldn’t care less for my resting heart rate. But the fact that I can’t access my data in order to fine tune my water consumption for the day is a BIG problem.