Hypothetical dream build (mamil style)

Wayne pudding Mol

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think the Salsa Spearfish is one of the better looking out of the lot.

Its got that Santa Cruz type look but way more boutique in SA.

Maybe its just my love of simple smooth lines that does it for me.

I still think the Salsa Spearfish is one of the better looking out of the lot.

Its got that Santa Cruz type look but way more boutique in SA.

Maybe its just my love of simple smooth lines that does it for me.

no response, agreed, sweet looking bike

https://www.unno.com/horn/

These guys just got back to me and I am super intrigued - 50 frames a year

I better get on my bike now, this is becoming an obession

If you can get one of these, I'll hate you. IMO the only frame that can compete with the MOBU from a carbon tech POV. They both just look as if the layups are done with supreme care and attention, and they're super bikes. 

Yes. Yes yes yes. 

and you're back

This one looks great, they will ship to SA but there's something about the lines I don't like - looks better in black. Suspension looks super interesting but that the part I think looks funny

Agree 100%.

If you can get on a Unno, that would be 100% first and best choice.

They make 50 versions of their xc bike a year !

forgot to add he's one is the dash, he owns a bikeshop and Orbea the brand he deals with the most.

If you can get one of these, I'll hate you. IMO the only frame that can compete with the MOBU from a carbon tech POV. They both just look as if the layups are done with supreme care and attention, and they're super bikes. 

Yes. Yes yes yes. 

except I can probably get one of these, I can't get a MOBU

They have asked me for some very specific measurements as well as the measurements of my current bike - I gave them the stage as that was perfect

and so Mondraker drops out - they want to sell me a bike and I want a frame

Unno now in pole and have an interesting way of doing things - they will "offer" me a bike on monday  - didn't realise its customised.  Apparently they have new and improved carbon lay up for the Horn and will be ready to ship mine mid September if I accept their offer

Pretty sure it doesn't get more niche than that - I better go on a crash course diet, nobody wants to see a fat Mamil on a dreambike

Unno now in pole and have an interesting way of doing things - they will "offer" me a bike on monday  - didn't realise its customised.  Apparently they have new and improved carbon lay up for the Horn and will be ready to ship mine mid September if I accept their offer

Pretty sure it doesn't get more niche than that - I better go on a crash course diet, nobody wants to see a fat Mamil on a dreambike

Why TF not. It's art. Art is for people who can afford it....

:P

U.....nno!

U.....nno!

U.....nno!

If and when you order , make sure what " shipping" means . Is it a ship or an aeroplane ?

Speaking from experience , not with Unno though .

If and when you order , make sure what " shipping" means . Is it a ship or an aeroplane ?

Speaking from experience , not with Unno though .

I would imagine an outfit like Unno would take their shipping contracts very seriously.

I would imagine an outfit like Unno would take their shipping contracts very seriously.

I would hope it’s free - I only just noticed the frame price

nobody in SA - I contacted Mondraker directly but they won't sell me one now on my 7th shop in the UK

Mondraker is about to be axed and I will start over

Wayne,

I think we're over thinking this thing. You want a light fast superb unobtanium XC bike.

Just get a 2021 Scalpel..

Ride review coming soon but first I have another 24hrs with this dirty little skank.

I feel 20 yrs younger