Hypothetical dream build (mamil style)

Wayne pudding Mol

Geez, I got a little distracted as the Nicolai guys got back with the super customised light weight Ti bike with bling to match my parts and significantly cheaper less expensive

I'm holding steady and going with the Unno

Yeah, those Nicolais are something else. I dont think anyone has one here.

Also dont forget about vat and customs duties when your frame arrives.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so it looks done, me Morne and Steffmeister are going to be Unno braai buddies

Lynskey aside, no one was very helpful from stores to brands. The guy at Unno was so anal wanting pics of my bikes then googling them himself, making me weigh each ball. I lied about my weight it must be said which is naughty but I will fix that on my end

Not only were they super cool but they were really enthusiastic and put together a great deal. My budget which was generous, has not been exceeded.

Bruuuuuuuuuu!!!! We're expecting a solid build diary.

Bruuuuuuuuuu!!!! We're expecting a solid build diary.

That’s the beauty, all the toys that go with it are already paid for and waiting although I might have been on the garbaruk website today

The vat can’t be avoided but it can be moderated - I’ve ignored duties so as not to scare myself off this irresponsible purchase - need to investigate this bit - I know euro parts normally avoid duties - will check on frames

The vat can’t be avoided but it can be moderated - I’ve ignored duties so as not to scare myself off this irresponsible purchase - need to investigate this bit - I know euro parts normally avoid duties - will check on frames

No duties on frames or parts. Just full bikes.

Only thing you'll need to consider is the ATV which essentially ups the VAT to 16.5%

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Also...unless you have a import license, you might draw some attention from SARS as im pretty sure this will push you over the R50k/3 per calender year sllowance on your ID number?

post-64325-0-49104800-1596478586_thumb.jpeg

Edited by morneS555

Also...unless you have a import license, you might draw some attention from SARS as im pretty sure this will push you over the R50k/3 per calender year sllowance on your ID number?

I do have an import license

No duties on frames or parts. Just full bikes.

Only thing you'll need to consider is the ATV which essentially ups the VAT to 16.5%

Thanks, I know you will soon hate me but saved me some googling

I do have an import license

then you are obviously fine...just VAT and whaever the courier charges you to clear at customs as per Mr captain fatbastard. MY bike frame came from he US and there were no import duties on it either. I have the cycling section of the SARS document somewhere but it eludes me now.

apparently a south african distributor

I like this one and have made comms

+1 for the Spearfish. Love mine and it's the first version. Probably less than 10 in the country. (I think) Care to share contact details please? I need a spare hanger for my Spearfish Edited by WR 1.0

+1 for the Spearfish. Love mine and it's the first version. Probably less than 10 in the country. (I think) Care to share contact details please? I need a spare hanger for my Spearfish

https://salsacycles.com/

Good luck, I’m not buying a bike from them, sent them 3 emails, no response

There is a link to cytek here in SA on there site. I chatted to the guy and he may have a hanger for you - google cytek and his number comes up - he was helpful

Edited by Waynemol

No duties on frames as its a component. May have a bit of trouble with the clearance if its >R50K. Nothing someone with an importers license can't help out with.

And if you pay a 50% deposit and the following month the balance then you should get around that rule too

Edited by DieselnDust

No duties on frames as its a component. May have a bit of trouble with the clearance if its >R50K. Nothing someone with an importers license can't help out with.

And if you pay a 50% deposit and the following month the balance then you should get around that rule too

I have an importers license

Edited by Waynemol