Best online shops

JaQ

That's one thing I actually wouldn't complain about.

I enjoy being able to browse without being hounded by someone hunting a next commission.

I'll call when needed...

Of course, when needed, then they're nowhere to be seen. LOL

I think in a normal retail store I would be the same. You kinda learn to expect the question, then when you dont get it...

My other problem there for the most part is, they've blacked the pricing out, so you're running blind. Not knowing what the prices are. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only have good things to say about rapide. Brilliant service and fast shipping.

I live in Polokwane. Ordered some parts from them a while back at around 3:30 in the afternoon, had it in my hand before 10:00 the next morning!

Pity their range is not that big otherwise I would not look anywhere else.

Bikemarket was ok, shipping just took longer than expected.

Cyclelab service was also good.

I think in a normal retail store I would be the same. You kinda learn to expect the question, then when you dont get it...

My other problem there for the most part is, they've blacked the pricing out, so you're running blind. Not knowing what the prices are. 

at CWC ? Because it's like that a Evobikes, not a single item has a price on it you kind of have to go on the site to check the price of everything you see...

Try to support your LBS wherever possible during these difficult times, especially the smaller shops who need our business for survival.

Online shops can't do everything your LBS can do.

I couldn't agree more!

This is a shameless self promotion on my part, but I hope I will be forgiven as I genuinely think it offers something different in this regard... 

https://getstokedonline.co.za/

What is it? 

A South African e-commerce portal that might not be the cheapest prices normally associated with online stores, but we offer things no other online store does:

- Supporting local: At checkout you're required to select from our growing list of our premium dealers for which a portion of every purchase made directly supports your chosen dealer where it matters - their bottom line

- Click and Collect: as the only online store in the cycling industry in SA offering this solution, customers can opt to have the product(s) purchased shipped to their selected dealer and fitted professionally for free

- Try before you buy: Customers can choose to demo products from a growing list of brands which currently includes Formula brakes, Ride Concepts shoes and DMR flat pedals - (link disabled while we restock key products)

- Warranty: Customers can make a warranty claims directly through our portal by following the standard procedures one would need to should they have taken the product to their LBS anyway. This saves time, and helps expedite the process without having to leave your house

- Premium brands: Get Stoked Online imports some of the raddest brands in the market, many of which we get told by customers "I wish would be stocked by more stores" 

Apart from all the above, we also pride ourselves in offering exceptional service (I come from a successful retail background, my partners founded the legendary Dial'd bikes)

We ship directly to you if preferred and you will be helping a small to medium business.

Lastly, we don't drop ship, a practice in which listed items are not actually in stock and cause huge frustration for you, the end consumer

Again, I apologise for the self promotion, but those who know us, know we always aim to serve and help others 

Thanks for reading!

Edited by MarcHD

I couldn't agree more!

This is a shameless self promotion on my part, but I hope I will be forgiven as I genuinely think it offers something different in this regard... 

https://getstokedonline.co.za/

What is it? 

A South African e-commerce portal that might not be the cheapest prices normally associated with online stores, but we offer things no other online store does:

- Supporting local: At checkout you're required to select from our growing list of our premium dealers for which a portion of every purchase made directly supports your chosen dealer where it matters - their bottom line

- Click and Collect: as the only online store in the cycling industry in SA offering this solution, customers can opt to have the product(s) purchased shipped to their selected dealer and fitted professionally for free

- Try before you buy: Customers can choose to demo products from a growing list of brands which currently includes Formula brakes, Ride Concepts shoes and DMR flat pedals - (link disabled while we restock key products)

- Warranty: Customers can make a warranty claims directly through our portal by following the standard procedures one would need to should they have taken the product to their LBS anyway. This saves time, and helps expedite the process without having to leave your house

- Premium brands: Get Stoked Online imports some of the raddest brands in the market, many of which we get told by customers "I wish would be stocked by more stores" 

Apart from all the above, we also pride ourselves in offering exceptional service (I come from a successful retail background, my partners founded the legendary Dial'd bikes)

We ship directly to you if preferred and you will be helping a small to medium business.

Lastly, we don't drop ship, a practice in which listed items are not actually in stock and cause huge frustration for you, the end consumer

Again, I apologise for the self promotion, but those who know us, know we always aim to serve and help others 

Thanks for reading!

Agreed your website and Instagram page is awesome

Also placed order Thursday afternoon and got delivered Saturday morning.

Awesome

at CWC ? Because it's like that a Evobikes, not a single item has a price on it you kind of have to go on the site to check the price of everything you see...

Yeah at CWC.

I actually only walk into Evo after I've bought online. I don't think of them as a LBS, rather a supplier.

Agreed your website and Instagram page is awesome

Also placed order Thursday afternoon and got delivered Saturday morning.

Awesome

Thanks for the kind words!

Ive had a good time here for Anatomic ****s that actually fit my michelin figure.

https://weardirect.co.za/cart/

Worth noting that Anaotmic caters for ALL "shapes and sizes" ....  :whistling:   :ph34r:

I am certainly past the age where I will ever fit in their "race fit" tops ....  :ph34r:

When buying on-line best to make SURE what you are looking at, and that you use the sizing chart applicable to THAT top ....

I am certainly past the age where I will ever fit in their "race fit" tops ....

We can possibly still squeeze into them, but probably shouldn't ! LOL :D

Worth noting that Anaotmic caters for ALL "shapes and sizes" ....  :whistling:   :ph34r:

I am certainly past the age where I will ever fit in their "race fit" tops ....  :ph34r:

When buying on-line best to make SURE what you are looking at, and that you use the sizing chart applicable to THAT top ....

It's easy for me. XS everything :D

Try to support your LBS wherever possible during these difficult times, especially the smaller shops who need our business for survival.

Online shops can't do everything your LBS can do.

Buying clothing at weardirect supports local business...

Crisis! That pricing? I don't need the social cachet of the brand name that badly. Especially when https://weardirect.co.za/ has as good quality ( probably better in some instances) at a fraction of the price.

Thanks for the kind words and support - appreciated. We will be upping our game with the online store heading forward as well as we re-shape our business model a bit  :thumbup:

I see your post, and raise your bet ....  https://www.anatomic.co.za/

In fairness ... I have absolutely no experience with their on-line shop.  :whistling:  :ph34r:  No need to, when I pass their Durbanville shop often ....  :thumbup:

Unfortunately you're going to need to get cosy with our online store pretty soon Chris  :blush: 

Thursday will be the last day of trade for the Cape Town branch. Just not feasible to keep it open in the current economy. Shops open 9am-5pm from Mon - Thurs if there are also last bargains you want to grab...

Edited by Andrew Steer

• 1 month later...

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread, has been really helpful to me.

Has anyone dealt with Cycle Factory much?

Do they have a physical store?

I looked up the address on their website and it showed the back of a car park on Street View.

They have good prices, but I'm not sure how reliable they are.

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread, has been really helpful to me.

Has anyone dealt with Cycle Factory much?

Do they have a physical store?

I looked up the address on their website and it showed the back of a car park on Street View.

They have good prices, but I'm not sure how reliable they are.

My brother has bought a set of hydraulic brakes from them, no issues at all.

Cycle Factory used to be based in Montague Gardens if I remember correctly.

I think they then went exclusively online.

Not too sure what their current operations entails but reasonably sure it'll be legit.