Best online shops

JaQ

Can someone give advice on there experience of good online shops with variety.

I looked at Bike Addict which seems very nice.

Looking forward to your thought and comments

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I simply love Evobikes.

Cogent Industries ... EXCELLENT service

I have done business with BikeAddict, and may do so again .... but only after confirming stock levels.

CWC Online .... I live close to the store, so all but one of my purchases at CWC have been in-store .... bit of a love hate relationship .... service levels are eratic .... currently waiting for feedback on a tool, actually bought it elsewhere since they did not get back to me ...

HOWEVER .... these are strange times with lots of stock issues ..... ALL shops suffer due to this !! Some shops show stock levels, and when their suppliers dont have stock the fun starts ....

I simply love Evobikes.

Cogent Industries ... EXCELLENT service

I have done business with BikeAddict, and may do so again .... but only after confirming stock levels.

CWC Online .... I live close to the store, so all but one of my purchases at CWC have been in-store .... bit of a love hate relationship .... service levels are eratic .... currently waiting for feedback on a tool, actually bought it elsewhere since they did not get back to me ...

HOWEVER .... these are strange times with lots of stock issues ..... ALL shops suffer due to this !! Some shops show stock levels, and when their suppliers dont have stock the fun starts ....

Have to agree. Not sure about cwcycles though. I think I am waiting 2+ weeks for a reply, evo alot less. Bought something from Bike addict last month and they also took a while to reply. Wayne said they very busy and have a que. So patience during this time is the key. Stock will be low to non existent for alot of brands.

Every single cycling related order I have placed with an online shop including my bike was a stock issue and this is between 3 different online retailers.  Not naming and shaming anyone, but in one case I even got hold of the "consultants" in the online chat to confirm stock before pulling trigger and still I got a call back an hour after ordering that my bike was not in stock.

I would love to have the selection of bicycle shops within driving distance that you guys have in Joburg and Ctn.

I’ve really had great service from Cycle Lab on a few different online purchases this year. The chat support on the site is A+.

I’ve really had great service from Cycle Lab on a few different online purchases this year. The chat support on the site is A+.

Second that. Dealt with them today with a product enquiry. Confirmed stock at Boksburg branch and kept the item aside for me.

Haven’t experienced their shipping yet so can’t comment there.

Seems stock has been a big issue lately, summits bikes are really good, bike addict (cheap pricing) but I think it also depends on what you want. Been  jumping between quite a few shops to find parts.

Over the past month I had really good feedback and  response from a lot of shops mentioned here, but when I placed an order with Bike Addict I actually got an automated email confirming my order, but the quote was to follow within 3 weeks - yes, 3 weeks! It's been 3 weeks and I've not heard anything from them. I can understand they don't keep stock but that's just ridiculous.

Over the past month I had really good feedback and response from a lot of shops mentioned here, but when I placed an order with Bike Addict I actually got an automated email confirming my order, but the quote was to follow within 3 weeks - yes, 3 weeks! It's been 3 weeks and I've not heard anything from them. I can understand they don't keep stock but that's just ridiculous.

Emailed them on Thursday last week about a product listed their site - no response.

Also made use of CWCs online query around the same time without response.

Online is a bit hit and miss at the moment.

Had some good experiences with BikeMarket and also Buycycle.

If they have what you're looking for, then they are definitely worth contacting.

Emailed them on Thursday last week about a product listed their site - no response.

Also made use of CWCs online query around the same time without response.

Online is a bit hit and miss at the moment.

Had some good experiences with BikeMarket and also Buycycle.

If they have what you're looking for, then they are definitely worth contacting.

I've successfully used CWC, Bike Mob, Cycle Lab and BuyCycle for various odds and ends. Bike Mob still waiting for stock of the tyres that I ordered, but the rest of the stuff was sent and the stock issue communicated. Cycle Lab didn't have the brake cables I ordered, but had an alternative and threw in a pair of socks for the inconvenience (was willing to refund). I'm happy and can understand that it can't be easy at the moment, but really don't understand the Bike Addict business model - if they still exist.