Bike Addict

DR ◣◢

How was your experience?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Did Bike Addict provide you with good service?

• Yes
    • No
    • What service?

44 minutes ago, devvydoesdonuts said:

The ordering process can be quite the drag, I wish it was as simple as click, select, pay, but some of their prices are better than others, so makes it worthwhile to use them. I have had varying levels of service from their staff, Charl, was not great, had to follow up on any update. Wayne, like you have experienced, was really great. Kylen, was decent. So all in all I have had, better than most, service and I think they have only had no stock of one item from the three orders I have placed with them over this year.

Weird that in the year 2022 a cycling shop that is prominently featuring online can't be bothered to implement a proper online order & payment system. Have ordered a few times from them without issue but prefer using online retailers using a proper IT system. 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if they allow credit card payments without a surcharge yet?

On my last invoice I got the standard:

"Please indicate preferred payment method, EFT, PayJustNow or Credit Card via PayFast @ 3.5% extra."

To which I said, no thank you, that is not in line with any credit card end user agreements so waive the fee.

To which they responded"

"We have subsequently moved away from PayFast and will no longer be making use of their facilities, we are busy aligning ourselves with another partner, for now we cannot process Credit Card transactions until that process has been set up."

I never went through with the order and feel like they were giving me the run around, so wondering what their latest line of BS is?
Those cheap prices don't pay for themselves.

23 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Weird that in the year 2022 a cycling shop that is prominently featuring online can't be bothered to implement a proper online order & payment system. Have ordered a few times from them without issue but prefer using online retailers using a proper IT system. 

It is weird, surely by now they would realise that happy customers come back and will always refer one to use them, and that would start with customers being able to order like they would with any other online retailer. They have shown intent on keeping up with the times by building an app, but yet they cannot provide a true “online” store to their customers. From this forum alone you could possibly make up the cost of potential sales lost due to their online store process being such a hassle. We live in a world where we want things done quicker, faster, cheaper and easier, and Bike Addict have only one of those things covered for the most part. 

1 hour ago, devvydoesdonuts said:

The ordering process can be quite the drag, I wish it was as simple as click, select, pay, but some of their prices are better than others, so makes it worthwhile to use them. I have had varying levels of service from their staff, Charl, was not great, had to follow up on any update. Wayne, like you have experienced, was really great. Kylen, was decent. So all in all I have had, better than most, service and I think they have only had no stock of one item from the three orders I have placed with them over this year.

Wonder why it needs to be complicated…did get a call back so let’s see how it goes. 

25 minutes ago, devvydoesdonuts said:

snip ...... We live in a world where we want things done quicker, faster, cheaper and easier, and Bike Addict have only one of those things covered for the most part

In a world of price matching Bike Addict does a wonderful job ... without even having to ask a quote from them ....  Shop B already knows what they need to match ....

BikeAddict can do SO much better financially by sorting out their niggly system ....

PS - I have also had some exceptional service from Wayne

If they have the online store are they not advertising products and shipping direct from wholesaler or to the shop once paid and ordered for? I can’t see a wholesaler being their warehouse so they must selling online, payment made, getting delivery and then sending to purchaser?

3 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

If they have the online store are they not advertising products and shipping direct from wholesaler or to the shop once paid and ordered for? I can’t see a wholesaler being their warehouse so they must selling online, payment made, getting delivery and then sending to purchaser?

The bulk of the stuff on their web is NOT in-store.  I learnt this the hard way.  My car was bought and serviced at VW across the road from them ... perfect excuse to go pick up some bike stuff.  They very quickly pointed out that "most items on their web" are NOT in-store - their own words to me.

I am guessing this is why they have this silly quote system - to get an opportunity to check stock and current pricing.

EDIT - it is still one of the larger shops in the Western Cape, and I have found Giant items on their shelves that I was unable to get at my local Giant dealer.   If "you" are in the area, worth popping in for some window shopping ....

Edited by ChrisF

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

In a world of price matching Bike Addict does a wonderful job ... without even having to ask a quote from them ....  Shop B already knows what they need to match ....

BikeAddict can do SO much better financially by sorting out their niggly system ....

PS - I have also had some exceptional service from Wayne

@ChrisF you are absolutely right.  Just hoping that they are reading this forum and taking some notes. 

I think Wayne needs an increase, sounds like he is the one that is making them look good😅

3 hours ago, thehun said:

I rode from kuilsriver to come there in malmesbury for them to tell me they dont have stock. Also not the friendliest bunch

Yeah, got to say, 4 years ago I was in Cape Town down on holiday and keen on a bike I understood they had stock of. Was ready to buy and all, was so underwhelmed by the reception and attitude I walked out not buying anything. Culture is super important and usually driven top down and apparently not much has changed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2022 at 2:42 PM, OVERDRIVE said:

Wonder why it needs to be complicated…did get a call back so let’s see how it goes. 

In a nutshell, we decided to cancel. The initial cost of shipping, the cost of the return and another cost for shipping; the constant mails with no updates and everything else have just been too draining. Shame, but better luck next year. 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

Trying to order through this shop is such a F'n pain in the arse! 

Send through my quote, no reply for 2 days.

Get a reply from Charl, sorry nothing is in stock. I reply IMMEDIATELY with a question, then no reply.

Another day passes. I phone and follow up on my order. I speak to Charl again.

He says he will go and check stock in the shop and reply to my email. 

He replies 10minutes later saying nothing is in stock and the only options of my order are not in the colours I want or the same price...

I reply IMMEDIATELY to his email with mroe questions. NOTHING!

I will not bother buying through these people ever again. 

Why do they make it so hard to take my money??

The running joke in my friend group is this "It's illegal to make money in Cape Town" 

Which seems to be the case...

Working on a quote system is an absolute joke. I dont want to have a conversation through email about what you do and dont have in stock! Even if they are cheaper, ill pay more not to deal with this stupid system.

Also struggling with them at the moment, Charl to be precise, been waiting 2 weeks to for stuff, last they told me was that they were going to ship it on Monday, but still have not received anything....

The worst part is, I ordered some stuff from CRC the week AFTER I ordered from bike addict, and that is already with me and on my bike, yet I am still waiting for bike addict to ship my parts

2 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Also struggling with them at the moment, Charl to be precise, been waiting 2 weeks to for stuff, last they told me was that they were going to ship it on Monday, but still have not received anything....

The worst part is, I ordered some stuff from CRC the week AFTER I ordered from bike addict, and that is already with me and on my bike, yet I am still waiting for bike addict to ship my parts

This is frutrating to hear....

I've emailed info@bikeaddict and sales@bikeaddict and havent recieved a reply yet...

9 minutes ago, Graham S said:

This is frutrating to hear....

I've emailed info@bikeaddict and sales@bikeaddict and havent recieved a reply yet...

Ya, in my experience this time around with them, I have to phone before Charl will reply to my email.

Previously when I bought from them they were actually really good, responded and delivered the goods really quickly, this time has just been ridiculous, I dont think I will be supporting them again, not if this is the kind of service we can expect