Bike Addict

DR ◣◢

How was your experience?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Did Bike Addict provide you with good service?

• Yes
    • No
    • What service?

So.... how long does it take to get a “quote” from these guys?

Or should I just accept that’s the standard practice for SA online retailers to drop ship from suppliers instead of holding stock.

I understand that it’s impossible to hold stock of everything but some shops appear to be a desk in a study of some guys house and everything is ordered in as orders are placed.

Edited by DR ◣◢

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly they are the cheapest on the Evoc hip packs that I’m looking for. Most likely just a bait strategy too.

Let’s see if my CRC order from yesterday arrives before their quote does.

So.... how long does it take to get a “quote” from these guys?

Or should I just accept that’s the standard practice for SA online retailers to drop ship from suppliers instead of holding stock.

I understand that it’s impossible to hold stock of everything but some shops appear to be a desk in a study of some guys house and everything is ordered in as orders are placed.

I have very recent experience with them

I enquired online and on website for 3 items, with all details and attached picture of the shopping cart with items im requesting.

1 week to reply about availability , 1 of 3 only available.

I then followed up with 2 other options of the 2 items they had no stock of, 3 days to reply with answer of no stock and again asking what colour/size (was shared in previous emails)

Then i called them to confirm what i want, 5 days later no confirmation or how i need to proceed to pay.

Also this week, i calledf them about assisting with purchasing a bike from them - the manner in which the call was handled was not impressive at all, more like they just needed to get off the call (called at 10am so doubt it was rush hour on a weekday)

I enquired online and on website for 3 items, with all details and attached picture of the shopping cart with items im requesting.

I then followed up with 2 other options of the 2 items they had no stock of, 3 days to reply with answer of no stock and again asking what colour/size (was shared in previous emails)

Then i called them to confirm what i want, 5 days later no confirmation or how i need to proceed to pay.

Also this week, i calledf them about assisting with purchasing a bike from them - the manner in which the call was handled was not impressive at all, more like they just needed to get off the call (called at 10am so doubt it was rush hour on a weekday)

How do they tie their own shoes!

Week and a half to reply with no stock. This was also the 3rd time I tried... Sorry they have been removed from my list of bike sites I visit, shop from or even browse. Clearly business is great elsewhere.

Best prices on everything, but nothing in stock.!

With standard response of "no stock", quicker responses really should be quite easy ...

Unfortunately had the same experience two weeks ago ;( Had to follow up after the 3 day waiting period ended. Then only receive a response 2 days after my second email. It’s a bit disappointing, I am aware about the whole stock issue in SA/world, but no need to wait so long to get a Yes/No response….....

Inquired today from a LBS in Stellies, about the release of a certain new/2021 model MTB. In 4 hours the sales rep got back, with an answer, release date and apology due to the delayed availability (due to Covid). I know it’s not right to compare the two scenarios, but makes me wonder how they liaise with their suppliers and clients. Seems there is a serious delay/issue somewhere in their value chain.

Hope they can iron out these delays.

Selfde oorgekom...2de keer wat dit gebeur...baie beter ondervinding met CWC,Evo en Summit bikes gehad

Edited by Jorrie

Without really being in the market I enquired about a bike last week. The service and price was so good I pulled the trigger.

They didn't have a medium but sourced a new front triangle to rebuild the small they had. I'm a happy customer.

• 3 months later...

my new LBS, and while not a trivial endeavor to get there (90km away), actually going in is far better than calling.

a quick look at Hello Peter will give you a good idea that service isn't their strong game.

as for stock issues, lockdown hasn't been kind, but at least mark it out of stock...it's not hard...

• 2 weeks later...

Feel I should add my 2c for these chaps seeing as I used them.

I ordered a torque wrench (with added socks to the basket to get free shipping  :ph34r: )

The quote came within 2 days, after telling me the socks were in fact out of stock.... (cunning plan stymied)

I paid the next day, the package arrived 3 days later.

All in all easy process, Ivan was excellent - he kept me up to date with each step, I'd definitely use them again.

Everytime I enquired about items I got a reply in less than I day and everytime all items was in stock. I placed at least 5 orders from them in the past, no problems with the orders and quick shipping.

They are the first online shop I go to when I need something.

Maybe it is some kind of luck I have, I should probably play the Powerball at some point.