Bike Addict

DR ◣◢

How was your experience?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Did Bike Addict provide you with good service?

• Yes
    • No
    • What service?

I actually didn't know a quote first system even existed. (To me a quote is for prices anyway)

The chap wrote to me to ask if I was happy for him to quote me - I replied by saying sorry I must have clicked the incorrect checkout button or something, yes obviously I'd like a 'quote' thats why I selected the stuff, but what are the prices on the site for ... 

I agree with the various sentiments here that there really should be a quantity added in the website - I  don't know how their operation works in the background but its quite odd, and evidently frustrating.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I did the "add to quote" thing on three different occasions. After about 3 weeks (no joke) I got a reply on one of my queries asking if I was helped.

Their online store is a joke. They should rather have a promotions leaflet than have a catalogue with guideline prices.

Easy to operate inventory systems are available and should be used by all shops claiming to be online stores.

Their deals are however great and they have a nice range of stock.

I would love to be able to shop there. But I won't until they drop the stupid add to quote thing. Or their new "back-order" form.

My experience with them:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/179736-cannondale-warranty-issue-i-need-advice/page-1

Haha, feels like ages and four bikes(bought at other store obviously) ago!

i remember that thread yonks ago, but it really is the gift that keeps on giving... how no one ever said they were glad you still had your front teeth after the experience is shockingly bad hub-manners... !!

The guys at Bike Addict quoted and supplied Look Xtrack carbon pedals at better than import price, so no complaints there , they were also honest enough to reply wrt another item which was no longer available.

So yes I was more than satisfied with their service.

Went online, logged in and requested a quote in November. Still waiting for a response....

Edited by Wimmas

• 1 year later...

After my latest attempts with them, I'd rather pay the premium and deal with shops that actually respond in a timely manner and who's website accurately reflects what they actually have in stock.

I bought something there online recently. "Ordered" on the 5th of March and after some back and forth, paid on the 9th and received the goods on the 11th. I was in no rush. 

On 9/15/2020 at 5:20 PM, DR ◣◢ said:

So.... how long does it take to get a “quote” from these guys?

According to DR he is still waiting for that quote. 

I can stomach waiting, but what grinds me with Bike Addict is that unless I contact them first, there is radio silence.

My most recent order took 6 days just to get a quote out of them. Total time from online order to delivery was 2 weeks.

My latest order from Rapide was delivered a hair over 24 hours after it was placed....

10 minutes ago, Trashy said:

I can stomach waiting, but what grinds me with Bike Addict is that unless I contact them first, there is radio silence.

My most recent order took 6 days just to get a quote out of them. Total time from online order to delivery was 2 weeks.

My latest order from Rapide was delivered a hair over 24 hours after it was placed....

I have two orders coming in from the UK and US that will take less time than a quote from Bike Addict. 

That is shocking. 

This is why I exclusively support Evo and Summit for all local orders. 

I stoped using them after the 10th item i got a "quote" on was out of stock

Ive never been on the site, seen something in stock and ask for a quote

what is this quote BS anyway, the item says R100 so thats the price, why do i need a quote

Ive always bought my bikes from them as they always have in stock, but man buying anything else is painful 

1 hour ago, herrowpreeze said:

I stoped using them after the 10th item i got a "quote" on was out of stock

Ive never been on the site, seen something in stock and ask for a quote

what is this quote BS anyway, the item says R100 so thats the price, why do i need a quote

Ive always bought my bikes from them as they always have in stock, but man buying anything else is painful 

Agree, their way of doing business is going to hurt them badly in the long run.  So far I been lucky, only a few items was "not available".

After about 5 out of stock issues in the past as is raised above and even one bike that was in stock and sold under my nose, I ordered a new light last week at the best price I could find.
Item in-stock, payment had to be EFT or add 3% to use credit card, response was good, an hour or so between communications, delivered 3 days after original quote. So, all hope is not lost, I will give them another chance. I do prefer going to LBS where stock permits though. 

1 minute ago, Michael S said:

After about 5 out of stock issues in the past as is raised above and even one bike that was in stock and sold under my nose, I ordered a new light last week at the best price I could find.
Item in-stock, payment had to be EFT or add 3% to use credit card, response was good, an hour or so between communications, delivered 3 days after original quote. So, all hope is not lost, I will give them another chance. I do prefer going to LBS where stock permits though. 

they charged you and extra 3% for credit card? 

No mate, get wrecked! thats whack