Bike Addict

DR ◣◢

How was your experience?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Did Bike Addict provide you with good service?

• Yes
    • No
    • What service?

Sounds like this has become a thread of people just complaining about their emails falling through the cracks. If you want something and they're not replying then just call them instead of just sitting there "diklip".

Before 2014 you had CWC/cycle lab and Solomon cycles, with not much bargaining power on getting new kit. Now you have people like Evo bikes and Bikeaddict that one can use as well to get the best prices, it takes some effort navigating all of that but it's a hell of a lot better than a few years ago when you were just dependent on your local bike shop sorting you out.

Diklip se moer. 

If you brag about being an online store then you transact and communicate digitally. This is 2021. Not 1985.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then dont have an online presence if you dont want to service your online enquires and rather want people to come to your store or phone you. 

Sounds like this has become a thread of people just complaining about their emails falling through the cracks. If you want something and they're not replying then just call them instead of just sitting there "diklip".

I agree. I love bike addict, there site is easy to view, to work out, bought tons of stuff from them, ONCE you get your quote emailed to you and you pay, the order only takes 2 days, BUT, its time they update. Quote cart is old school, list qty on hand, i can promise you, if they make these small changes they will increase turnover as allot of purchases are spur of the moment. 

Diklip se moer.

If you brag about being an online store then you transact and communicate digitally. This is 2021. Not 1985.

I've had excellent service from them regarding emails and so on. Yes sometimes emails do fall through the cracks and that's true for most businesses. But you guys are acting like all the emails are missed.

Never said missed. Some missed, some replied to after days or weeks. 

You had good service. Good job! Many others didn't. More so than those who received some sort of service. 

Now tell me where the problem is? 

Guess I was lucky so far, very good service.  I do however agree, they need to get into 2021 and update their system to be a "True Online" shop.

This order, wait for a quote, then pay & ship "thing" they use is ridiculous & totally OLD.

Do a physical shop and/or proper online shop.  Don't do this in between sort of thing !

Never said missed. Some missed, some replied to after days or weeks.

You had good service. Good job! Many others didn't. More so than those who received some sort of service.

Now tell me where the problem is?

The problem is your generalizing your bad experience with everyones experiences. Show me the data from which you could make that statement in saying more people had a bad experience than not?

The problem is your generalizing your bad experience with everyones experiences. Show me the data from which you could make that statement in saying more people had a bad experience than not?

It's not even worth replying anymore. I'm sure you can read the replies and do your own 1+1 to get to the conclusion. 

I sent them an e-mail earlier today, it took them a whole 41 minutes to reply (excellent response time IMHO). 

BUT, the item I enquired about that, was advertised on their website (quoted from the e-mail), "This item is no longer available unfortunately. Is there maybe another option I can help you with?"

Mixed feels here.

I have bought some stuff at good prices when in stock.

I twice had quotes responded to with "Our suppliers price have increased..." 

I don't take their website seriously or get excited when I see something I need at a good price.

Wish them all the best for the year 1998 which lies ahead.

It's not even worth replying anymore. I'm sure you can read the replies and do your own 1+1 to get to the conclusion.

Haha things are getting heated, let's just hope the guys from bikeaddict are reading all these comments...or should maybe just spend the time replying to emails

Poll added for Jasper's data request

Whatever the result of the pole, fact is they should really go full out online or not at all.

If they want to use this outdated operating model that's fine but at least back it up with a decent response time otherwise they are going to be left behind. Expecting a response within 2 - 3 days is not unreasonable imo.

Guess I was lucky so far, very good service.  I do however agree, they need to get into 2021 and update their system to be a "True Online" shop.

This order, wait for a quote, then pay & ship "thing" they use is ridiculous & totally OLD.

Do a physical shop and/or proper online shop.  Don't do this in between sort of thing !

Guess I was lucky so far, very good service. I do however agree, they need to get into 2021 and update their system to be a "True Online" shop.

Do a physical shop and/or proper online shop. Don't do this in between sort of thing !

I have been lucky dealing with them,Ivan in particular replied with 24hrs with quote, once paid he confirmed payment same day and product got delivered 48hrs later.

Quote system is crappy , but they are often the cheapest

I agree. I love bike addict, there site is easy to view, to work out, bought tons of stuff from them, ONCE you get your quote emailed to you and you pay, the order only takes 2 days, BUT, its time they update. Quote cart is old school, list qty on hand, i can promise you, if they make these small changes they will increase turnover as allot of purchases are spur of the moment.

That’s the whole reason I don’t shop there, tried it twice and it was a las, waiting for a reply only to find out there is no stock on sale and being offered more expensive stuff, it felt a lot like a bait and switch scam.

If I go only to buy something, it’s to buy it, not to hope to maybe find out in a few days if I can possibly, maybe get it.

They would literally be my last stop, I would sooner drive to all my LBSs than deal with them as driving is less of a las, at least when I get to said shop I get a yes or no.