Tour de France 2021

gummibear

The team on Cervélo is in such disarray after all the crashes. Losing Gesink and Kruijswijk was like blows to the rib. Now for some maillot jaune pursuit for Wout. Mathieu defended yellow like a man possessed. Terrible to see their Slovenian lost at the back; he would've communicated to the team that he is not in good shape and exercise other options.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Special top 7 currently. Mohoric is the only one to have NOT won a Monument yet. 

So the GC just reflects the "Classics" nature of this first week.

Think Wout just wants yellow as  long as feasibly possible. In 2020 he was 1h20 down on Tadej. I am under no illusion, he won't wear it into Paris. 

Maybe they all sit down tonight and decide to send him hunting for Green. That is way more realistic for him, even with his current deficit to Cav. 

I reckon the yellow he has already is all the yellow he'll have for the next 2 weeks or so.

1 hour ago, Patchelicious said:

We like them, they are flamboyant and fun, so don’t come and imply shenanigans here. Stop those tendencies! 

Definitely not implying shenanigans. It actually took me a while to figure out what you were implying I was implying. 

Was just an absolutely crazy stage to watch with so many unexpected performances. Usually stages like this are a snoozefest, so it was amazing to have some excitement. 

2 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

It actually took me a while to figure out what you were implying I was implying. 

You laaik been spending too much time on Tablemountain bru?

With the 3 x Cat1 climbs and long descent to the finish, expect one of the climbing bike handlers to be super aggressive tomorrow. Say Jalla, Nibali or if Hirchi wasn't banged up I'd say him. 

Definitely wouldn't bet any money on Ilnur Zakarin if he was riding...........

2 minutes ago, Patchelicious said:

You laaik been spending too much time on Tablemountain bru?

I wish. Stuck in blue bull land ????

26 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

The team on Cervélo is in such disarray after all the crashes. Losing Gesink and Kruijswijk was like blows to the rib. Now for some maillot jaune pursuit for Wout. Mathieu defended yellow like a man possessed. Terrible to see their Slovenian lost at the back; he would've communicated to the team that he is not in good shape and exercise other options.

Kruiswijk is still in the race, 8:14 back on GC. 

Been a shocking tour for TJV. So much bad luck. 

19 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

I reckon the yellow he has already is all the yellow he'll have for the next 2 weeks or so.

3 min buffer on Tadej, I think Wout can limit his losses to less than that tomorrow and easily outride MvdP, who has gone very deep already, which should put him in yellow. 

Whether he can hang on to it for the following day as well... I don't know. But he is a special rider, so maybe... 

Look, Asgreen is looking super solid. So maybe he can slide into Yellow for a day. 

45 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

3 min buffer on Tadej, I think Wout can limit his losses to less than that tomorrow and easily outride MvdP, who has gone very deep already, which should put him in yellow. 

Whether he can hang on to it for the following day as well... I don't know. But he is a special rider, so maybe... 

Look, Asgreen is looking super solid. So maybe he can slide into Yellow for a day. 

3 cat 1 climbs in 30km is a tough ask for a classics rider - especially after a 200km break.

His saving grace might be that it is the first mountain stage and it finishes with a 14km descent. The GCers might end up checking each other out rather than trying to gain time.

Carapaz looks ready though!

Head says Pogacar in yellow tomorrow. Heart wants WvA but I reckon he dug a little deep today.

Fun fact - I've ridden the final climb but from the other side. 

So who are we (Pog) looking out for long term? 

Lutsenko- He's alright but is he a proper threat? 

Latour - been looking good. 

Uran - always around but, meh

Carapaz - obv the Ineos guy, looking really good. 

Mas - I really like him but he doesn't seem to quite have it

Wilco - there or therabouts 

They're all 3 mins plus minus

24 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

So who are we (Pog) looking out for long term? 

Lutsenko- He's alright but is he a proper threat? 

Latour - been looking good. 

Uran - always around but, meh

Carapaz - obv the Ineos guy, looking really good. 

Mas - I really like him but he doesn't seem to quite have it

Wilco - there or therabouts 

They're all 3 mins plus minus

Nibali!

Possibly the last day for Mathieu in yellow as he turns his head towards Tokyo. That fan’s enthusiasm, hehehe. 

Pic @jeredgruber

C78C7470-FC30-49D1-8A0E-2639A16715AF.jpeg

8 minutes ago, DIPSLICK said:

Thoughts on leaving the tour for the Olympics ????????‍♂️

It's pretty common

Happens every Olympic year. Quite a number of teams take sprinters to the tour with absolutely no intention on them finishing. 

I think it's pretty awesome. He came, he wrecked everything, he left and has now left the rest to pick up the pieces and tidy up!