Tour de France 2021

gummibear

Wakey Wakey! 

All hell breaks loose as none of the teams want go to the line with Cav. 

Attacks left-right and center 

Edited by Vetplant

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez - some of those guys are quite a way down the hill! Thankfully it seems to be grassy.

The Peloton has dropped the hammer.  It's going to be hard work for those riders to catch up once they climb out of the hole they rode into . . . 

16 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

since this chat is slowing down along with the peloton. Lets post more interesting discussion than the commentators are offering.

I mean slush puppies...really !!

Here's an article Ross Tucker published in 2013. It postulates more or less when we can expect to see undoped performance match or surpass doped performances. It appears we are now within that time frame

https://sportsscientists.com/2013/07/clean-performances-to-surpass-doped-performances/

That was a very interesting read. Personally I fall more towards that physiology has caught up thanks to everything we've learnt over the past decade or so wrt food and diet and rest and recovery along with all the technological advances. Things that John Wakefield has mentioned as well as a few others. Still an interesting read given the discussion that's been had over the last few pages of this thread.

Can someone explain why the 2 guys up front aren't working together with 56km to go and are constantly attacking each other? What are they hoping for? 

1 minute ago, Mountain Bru said:

Can someone explain why the 2 guys up front aren't working together with 56km to go and are constantly attacking each other? What are they hoping for? 

Combativity Award according to Bradley Wiggens.

Quite a few guys with bad looking cuts and abrasions. Declerq and a Total Energies rider in particular with blood on their fore arms! Nasty crash for sure!

Shooting yourself in the foot isn't the kind of combativity that should be rewarded. 

If only there were a "common-sense" Jersey . . . 

Just now, DieselnDust said:

Sparring, bored, adverts for their teams <totalenergies+Israel Startup Nation>

in other surprising news Geraint Thomas has crashed

He is practiising to crash safely as he has accepted he cannot learn not to crash.

Shooting yourself in the foot isn't the kind of combativity that should be rewarded. 

True. I suspect that Latour will get it simply because he happens to be Frenchie on a French team.

DQS surely going have their hands full soon with more attacks incoming. 

No use just cruising along in the peloton to finish 2nd behind Cav. 

3 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

DQS surely going have their hands full soon with more attacks incoming. 

No use just cruising along in the peloton to finish 2nd behind Cav. 

Pacher has gone up the road for BB Hotels.

Edited by Mntboy