Tour de France 2021

gummibear

1 minute ago, Chris_ said:

Seriously, chaps, lets start a cycling and wine venture. Good grief just look at it 

Capture.JPG.548971a4760d326ba440f68259380c9e.JPG

Checkers CHEAP CHEAP 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

Seriously, chaps, lets start a cycling and wine venture. Good grief just look at it 

Around 5 times the price per hectare we I live.

Was thinking the same, but Spain, more affordable, friendly nation. 

9 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

Must be a very small estate. There are flats in Paris and Milan with higher price tags

10 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

Well that escalated quickly....

At least the fees are included in the R50mil price tag. 

What's amazing though is that Nkandla costs 5 times more than this. 

4 minutes ago, Jaco-fiets said:

Must be a very small estate. There are flats in Paris and Milan with higher price tags

That's normal anywhere.

Cape Town: 60sqm apartment goes for R2 650 000

Dullstroom: 77.6 ha Farm R1 950 000

19 hours ago, dsw said:

Does this mean Vingegaard would have toyed with the opposition even in the doping era or was the tailwind yesterday super strong?  ????

equipment wasn't the same in doping era for starters then add in better recovery, nutrition, training methodology and you already ahead in terms of performance. 

1 hour ago, Mountain Bru said:

What's very strange is that he wasn't thaaaat terrible at the Dauphine last year, and even did some decent turns in the mountains. He would at least stay in the front group until TJV lit things up in the front.  And now his main GC rivals are Cav and Griepel? ????‍♂️

To be clear though I think Froome is clean (as in not doing anything illegal), and I'm not implying anything about him or his past performances. I think he's just too old to fully recover back to his old form.  

He wasn't going too badly in the Dauphine this year, a noticable improvement over last years effort but he did take a huge knock on Stage 1 (TdF '21) where he crossed the line visibly shaking from shock due to the impacts he took. Hence the race is now with the Broom Wagon. That was his tour done and dusted right there. So now its a 3 week GT training block and maybe we see him at the Vuelta. 

Edited by DieselnDust

26 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

I was considering to buy a studio apartment in Montpellier last year.  It is a student town.  A studio apartment is like a fancy bachelors flat.  Price was Euro 85k.  Which was pretty reasonable if you wanted a lock up & go.

since this chat is slowing down along with the peloton. Lets post more interesting discussion than the commentators are offering.

I mean slush puppies...really !!

Here's an article Ross Tucker published in 2013. It postulates more or less when we can expect to see undoped performance match or surpass doped performances. It appears we are now within that time frame

https://sportsscientists.com/2013/07/clean-performances-to-surpass-doped-performances/

The GCN commentators just had a period discussing Marianne Vos especially since she won her 30th stage victory at the Giro D'Italia Donne yesterday. And essentially they agreed as to her GOAT status within cycling at large not just within the ladies peloton. Her palmares certainly stacks up well against any legendary cyclist, male or female. 

8 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

since this chat is slowing down along with the peloton. Lets post more interesting discussion than the commentators are offering.

I mean slush puppies...really !!

Here's an article Ross Tucker published in 2013. It postulates more or less when we can expect to see undoped performance match or surpass doped performances. It appears we are now within that time frame

https://sportsscientists.com/2013/07/clean-performances-to-surpass-doped-performances/

Sports version of Carlson

1 hour ago, TNT1 said:

I would disagree. Post all the hour record distances over the 40 years and you'll see the incremental improvements. In one lump it looks like a massive jump, in reality, it isn't.

In the latest science of sport podcast, Prof Tucker incidentally goes into this exact subject a bit. Very informative. That dude knows his stuff.

The other interesting one is the runners breaking the world record in a few days. The Shoes and lack of regular testing. #enjoyable pod

Seems the pelo is starting to wake up....

Sean Bennet from Quebecka seems intent on slowing down the 3 man break by attacking it every 10 seconds..... with 65km to go. 

Now the ISN guy is attacking? Is there free Pizza for the first guy into the next town?