Strava Update Now Allows Bluetooth Integration

Darko

Pretty sure it's always been like that?

Cool, my bad, then it must be a setting that people I follow changed on their profile.

First time I noticed it.

Looking at their profile over the past couple of months, they posted many runs/rides with photos. But only activities in the past week show the thumbnails on the actual route where they were taken.

Cool, my bad, then it must be a setting that people I follow changed on their profile.

First time I noticed it.

Looking at their profile over the past couple of months, they posted many runs/rides with photos. But only activities in the past week show the thumbnails on the actual route where they were taken.

Seems to be a setting that flipped between the 9th and 13th of this month. 

I can notice it on the profiles of at least three of the people I follow. All their activities after the 13th show the thumbnails on their routes.

Whereas it doesn't show at all on mine.

Might be a Metadata thing on the phone itself that I deactivated.

Seems to be a setting that flipped between the 9th and 13th of this month. 

I can notice it on the profiles of at least three of the people I follow. All their activities after the 13th show the thumbnails on their routes.

Whereas it doesn't show at all on mine.

Might be a Metadata thing on the phone itself that I deactivated.

It shows if you record the activity from the phone that takes the picture, then the phone knows where the pic was taken. Why would you want to turn that off ?

It shows if you record the activity from the phone that takes the picture, then the phone knows where the pic was taken. Why would you want to turn that off ?

every photo you take with your phone has the GPS location stored in its metadata. (unless you turn the setting off)

Whether you recorded the ride with your phone or not, if you upload that photo to the activity on Strava, Strava will use the metadata to show where the pic was taken.

every photo you take with your phone has the GPS location stored in its metadata. (unless you turn the setting off)

Whether you recorded the ride with your phone or not, if you upload that photo to the activity on Strava, Strava will use the metadata to show where the pic was taken.

mmmh weird... It never does it on activites recorded with my head unit, only on activites recorded on my phone... I must double check one day

EDIT : location tags were disabled on my phone... I probably had the pics on my strava activies back when I was using my old phone then, thanks for the tip

Edited by Jbr

I get you. 

I also use Polar Flow / Beat like the one guy above mentioned then that uploads to Strava. Everything seems legit and above board with my rides. I'm not a crazy rider by any means but I like to see my fitness levels improve as much as the next guy. So I love having that data available. 

Its a mostly vastly overstated issue. Strava isn’t super accurate, but it’s good enough for setting benchmarks. KOM hunters Will however break down into a serious academic debate about the lack of accuracy of smartphones, but only when it’s not working in their favor

brace yourselves, now all the Karens that ride once a year are going to get all our hard earned KOMs

More worried about the okes pushing out 1300w!

First time I noticed it.

Sorry, I think I'm confusing it with the Relive Strava plugin that I used to use which made little videos of your rides, and there it showed the photos and location it was taken.

I use both Strava APP for Android and Garmin Watch at the same time.

The App is just as Accurate as the Watch and a lot more reliable.

Never had a Glitch on the App but the Watch has Glitched a Few Times. (Corrupt Fit File).

I use both Strava APP for Android and Garmin Watch at the same time.

The App is just as Accurate as the Watch and a lot more reliable.

Never had a Glitch on the App but the Watch has Glitched a Few Times. (Corrupt Fit File).

it depends on your phone and where you keep it. I see quite often rides with suddenly a long straight line like the guy suddenly started flying, or where the guy averages 15kph and suddenly does 80kph uphill ;)

But okay, it does also happen sometimes on a watch or headunit.

Even my gopro 8 black that has an 18hz GPS, the other day on the superbike at killarney it didn't record any position data for like 3 or 4 secs for some reason (instead of 18 times per sec), nothing is 100% reliable you'll always at some point get some weird stuff

And I'm not even talking about Strava picking up segments from 10m around  :lol:

Edited by Jbr

mmmh weird... It never does it on activites recorded with my head unit, only on activites recorded on my phone... I must double check one day

EDIT : location tags were disabled on my phone... I probably had the pics on my strava activies back when I was using my old phone then, thanks for the tip

Thanks for the feedback guys, all this makes sense now. 

The people I checked might have had some software updates on their phones that changed permissions on METADATA. 

So I understand the process better and know what to do if I want to keep the locations of certain photos Private from THE CORPORATE MACHINE that is STRAVA.  :ph34r:  :devil: