Rapidé Tigre Hardtail Frame

MORNE

26 minutes ago, LuckyLuke said:

quick question to al the rapide riders, I am currently riding xc carbon hardtail which is on its last leg, been looking at the tigre frames, not racing anymore and not doing any events more then 100km. Just riding and having fun, xco's and stuff. Been enjoing the lightness of the carbon, will the extra 2kg on the steel frames be very much noticeable?

I think the change in geo would be more of a "changing factor" vs the additional weight.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I built mine with a rigid fork so its pretty light, almost the same as my dual carbon bike so the weight is a non issue for me.

Agree with Hairy, the geometry give more than the weight takes, you wont regret to go with a Rapide frame.

Rapide Bike.jpeg

Edited by TheoG

1 hour ago, LuckyLuke said:

quick question to al the rapide riders, I am currently riding xc carbon hardtail which is on its last leg, been looking at the tigre frames, not racing anymore and not doing any events more then 100km. Just riding and having fun, xco's and stuff. Been enjoing the lightness of the carbon, will the extra 2kg on the steel frames be very much noticeable?

Yes 2 Kg is a Whole Lot of Weight

Altogether, the 10-51-tooth XTR cassette weighs in at a slim 367 grams

2 Kg = 5.449 Cassettes. =  2 Litre Coke .

1 hour ago, TheoG said:

I built mine with a rigid fork so its pretty light, almost the same as my dual carbon bike so the weight is a non issue for me.

Agree with Hairy, the geometry give more than the weight takes, you wont regret to go with a Rapide frame.

Rapide Bike.jpeg

AND RED BIKES ARE FASTER

2 hours ago, LuckyLuke said:

On your current bike, smash it up a hill with 2 full water bottles, roll back down ditch the bottles and do it again. Is there really a difference? Personally I don't think so. The biggest difference is on paper. 

As previously mentioned geometry trumps weight. Actually do the bottle test up a technical climb.

2 hours ago, LuckyLuke said:

I do mostly XC withTigre fitted with a 100mm fork.  When I have to lift my bike, I feel the weight.  While riding, I feel no difference  whasoever.  But ja, the geo might be more of a game changer coming from a XC bike. I like this geo way more than XC bikes.

The only thing I do feel when riding a Tigre, is the joy of riding a steel frame.

Edited by Super Sywurm
Oh, and put some slicks on and you have an awesome road bike.

3 minutes ago, Super Sywurm said:

IMG_20220424_181115_834.jpg

Looks great thanks for the input from all, Will have basically the same setup, have 2 fox 100m fork which i will use, My current carbon hardtail only have space in the rear for 2.25 tyres and feel bit beat up lately, bit more rubber will be great and the tigre frame is a no brainer and relative cheap compared to replacement carbon frames

1 minute ago, LuckyLuke said:

Looks great thanks for the input from all, Will have basically the same setup, have 2 fox 100m fork which i will use, My current carbon hardtail only have space in the rear for 2.25 tyres and feel bit beat up lately, bit more rubber will be great and the tigre frame is a no brainer and relative cheap compared to replacement carbon frames

I built mine with 2.4" tyres.

19 minutes ago, Super Sywurm said:

@Kiwi Will there ever be a Titanium frame?

Yes would also like to know .... :) 

39 minutes ago, Super Sywurm said:

@Kiwi Will there ever be a Titanium frame?

17 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Yes would also like to know .... :) 

We have built a Tiger (see what I did there) but we have had to use some mock up parts on it and I haven't risked thrashing it really hard yet as if the temp parts break they could damage the frame - and it is soooo nice! We are pushing hard to get the correct parts delivered so we can thrash it properly.