Rapidé Tigre Hardtail Frame

MORNE

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see a complete build with this frame.  As soon as someone's done it, please post some photos.

Lol, yeah thanks to a Kiwi we can now make a bike entirely from South African parts.  

is this really built locally?

124057105_4277531188930854_5977735506854

is this really built locally?

No I'm almost certain it would be manufactured elsewhere. Most likely taiwan but that's a guess. But that's not really what I was getting at. We've got this fantastic south african company that you could use to source just about everything you needed to build a bike... run by a kiwi. 

Edit: and I mean that entirely as a self-deprecating joke, as in, we couldn't get it right ourselves.

Edited by NickGM

Lol, yeah thanks to a Kiwi we can now make a bike entirely from South African parts.

I happened to see that frame a few hours after the ad was posted and thought it was/is beautiful, but there was no fanfare at all, it's like it was quietly snuck into the classifieds. I hope it takes off. All of the rapide stuff I've ever bought is still going strong.

How are we pronouncing the name of this badboy anyway? I'm going with spanish, as in "El Tee-grey".

I asked about the fanfare and they mentioned they are still busy with the marketing photos etc. Just wanted to get them ‘out’ there in the meantime.

I think it’s safe to assume the name is Spanish for “Tiger” yes.

I really hope 2021 is better, really need this in my life.

My old 2013 Momsen al329 needs an upgrade.

And as they say steel is real!

Ps have been using his oval chainring for almost 3 years now!

• 1 month later...

Do you know if anybody has built up a bike with this frame?

I'm really tempted to pull the trigger, but wanted to know what the end product would look like before I did it.

Give Rapide a call. I am sure they have built up a few they can send you pics of.

I chatted to them via the website and they dont have any pictures of a build yet. 

So perhaps I can get some discount if I promise to send them pics of my build

• 3 weeks later...

I chatted to them via the website and they dont have any pictures of a build yet.

So perhaps I can get some discount if I promise to send them pics of my build

The names are the same, i posted a picture of someone else if this is the same guy