I am sure the rider was not bad either.👏👏

On 12/4/2023 at 7:30 AM, TheoG said:

Nice !   Would be great if we can get a photo of it on here ... ☺️

IMG_5310.jpeg

IMG_4886.jpeg

IMG_5238.jpeg

IMG_5274.jpeg

IMG_5350.jpeg

Have completed 2 x Munga’s on a Rapide frame 😁. My 1st Munga was on a Scott RC full sus. The hardtail a much better option … and faster over the corrugation and technical sections. Very comfortable with Munga bars so can TT over those long straight district roads. I adapt the tyre pressure to the terrain to manage squish. Easy to convert to single speed if derailleur fails (big bonus). The sliding drop out is 👌 In my off season I convert to SS to get stronger. It’s so versatile, does everything well.

11 hours ago, oren@azcom.com said:

Have completed 2 x Munga’s on a Rapide frame 😁. My 1st Munga was on a Scott RC full sus. The hardtail a much better option … and faster over the corrugation and technical sections. Very comfortable with Munga bars so can TT over those long straight district roads. I adapt the tyre pressure to the terrain to manage squish. Easy to convert to single speed if derailleur fails (big bonus). The sliding drop out is 👌 In my off season I convert to SS to get stronger. It’s so versatile, does everything well.

Nice !!!  Thanks for posting.

• 9 months later...

@Nic Brigando @Super Sywurm @LuckyLuke @TheoG @BrandonH

If you still have your Tigres (and I know that weight is not everything), what do your complete bikes come in at weight wise.

If you could maybe just say "XC / gravel build", "trail build", "enduro build" or something for perspective?

I'm debating moving across a GX Eagle drivetrain, Level ULT 4 piston brakes, light handlebar and saddle, carbon 30mm wheels with a rear insert from my XC frame onto a Tigre.

Been searching for a Roscoe, just missed that Nukeproof Scout that was on last week and the Tigre is back on my radar as a do it all trail / XC race (yes, I won't be winning anything)/ fun enduro / long ride (yes, I will be slower than mates on gravel bikes) type machine.

If it would be like 12.5 kg then I'm happy, but if it's 14 kg even with light but durable parts on, it gets a bit hectic for longer days...

5 minutes ago, ajnkzn said:

If you still have your Tigres (and I know that weight is not everything), what do your complete bikes come in at weight wise.

If you could maybe just say "XC / gravel build", "trail build", "enduro build" or something for perspective?

I'm debating moving across a GX Eagle drivetrain, Level ULT 4 piston brakes, light handlebar and saddle, carbon 30mm wheels with a rear insert from my XC frame onto a Tigre.

Been searching for a Roscoe, just missed that Nukeproof Scout that was on last week and the Tigre is back on my radar as a do it all trail / XC race (yes, I won't be winning anything)/ fun enduro / long ride (yes, I will be slower than mates on gravel bikes) type machine.

If it would be like 12.5 kg then I'm happy, but if it's 14 kg even with light but durable parts on, it gets a bit hectic for longer days...

I have actually never weighed my bike.  It is heavy-ish when you pick it up.  But, when you ride it, it does not matter and I don't feel the weight then.

I would assume around 14-15kg.  I have cheaper/heavy parts on. And mine is a XC/trail build with a 100mm travel fork and riser handlebar.

Tomorrow me and my heavy Tigre is doing a 96km marathon race.

30 minutes ago, ajnkzn said:

I unfortunately sold my Tigre earlier this year - mistake on my part, but I wasn't really using her as much as I would have liked. I actually ended up buying that Scout that was up recently - would prefer a Tigre however haha, so if you want to trade, let me know ;)

The Tigre wasn't a particularly light bike. My trail setup (Fox factory 34 at 2kg, rapide wheelset at 1800g, 400g csixx double foamo insert, 2,4 ardent tyres, dropper, deore groupset etc) ended up around 14.5kg. Not the lightest, but didn't notice it on any sort of MTB races - even did a few of the smaller Munga events on her and she was great. I definitely noticed it on the road, but I think that's more the tyres than the bike.

I did not weigh mine either but I built the parts over from my carbon hardtail which weighed 10.2kg, and the frame was 1kg and the rapide frame is 3kg. However that was with my AC wide lightnings which was 1600g, rapide wheels are 1800g, so roughly let's say 12.6kg

100mm fox factory, 35mm carbon bars 800mm, 35mm rapide stem, 12 speed x01 groupset, formula brakes, rapide 30mm wheels, race kings, lightish saddle and post, 160mm rotors. 36 chainring.

Use mine for gravel and mtb races. Don't think I will ever sell mine

It’s def built like a tank then. My steel Cotic Rocket Max (XL) enduro bike…170mm, coil rear shock, heavy wheelset (2.5kg) on 1.2kg tyres weighed a hair over 16kg all in. Only carbon on that was the XX1 crankset. Hell, my current full retard carbon bike weighs more than that steel bike did. Steel does not equal heavy. Ive also come to realise with my enduro journey that heavier bikes ride better when it gets rough and steep. DH guys bolt lead to their BBs lol. 

Sure its a bit harder to get up to speed, but once it is…it wants to stay there. Clearly there will be a battle between your bike and the Earth…and your bike should win😅

Edited by MORNE

10 hours ago, MORNE said:

It’s def built like a tank then. My steel Cotic Rocket Max (XL) enduro bike…170mm, coil rear shock, heavy wheelset (2.5kg) on 1.2kg tyres weighed a hair over 16kg all in. Only carbon on that was the XX1 crankset. Hell, my current full retard carbon bike weighs more than that steel bike did. Steel does not equal heavy. Ive also come to realise with my enduro journey that heavier bikes ride better when it gets rough and steep. DH guys bolt lead to their BBs lol. 

Sure its a bit harder to get up to speed, but once it is…it wants to stay there. Clearly there will be a battle between your bike and the Earth…and your bike should win😅

100% for a pure enduro application, but for a bike that does a bit of everything weight is a factor. 

My Tallboy weighed 13.5kg and that was about as much as I’d want to pedal on a marathon XC race or 120km gravel day.

1 hour ago, ajnkzn said:

100% for a pure enduro application, but for a bike that does a bit of everything weight is a factor. 

My Tallboy weighed 13.5kg and that was about as much as I’d want to pedal on a marathon XC race or 120km gravel day.

Ive seen a few lycra clad snakes around these parts pedalling tigre’s. Even a single speed one. Im sure if you set out to build it light it wont weigh 14kg. My 140mm Banshee paradox HT is/was (currently boxed up) 14kg with SLX stuff, big rubber and flat pedals. Thats also not the lightest frame. Amazing feeling bike though with how they machined the rear to flex like steel.
The frame feel will make up for the rest imo. Steel is great at muting trail chatter. Id rather have a 13kg steel bike thats comfortable,  over a 10kg featherweight carbon/alloy one that beats the crap out of you on a 100km ride. As mentioned on here already…tigre is Munga proven so that alone tells me it has to be a comfy bike over long distances. Ive owned 4 boutique brand steel bikes and loved them all.

Thank you, agree 100% - had a Curve Kevin of Steel - that bike was amazing. Steel is cool.

Going by Lucky Luke's reply, with a straight swap of my parts the bike would be under 12.5kg and well under 13 kg with 2.6 tyres on.

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

Id rather have a 13kg steel bike thats comfortable,  over a 10kg featherweight carbon/alloy one that beats the crap out of you on a 100km ride.

Yes, this.