Rapidé Tigre Hardtail Frame

MORNE

On 7/7/2023 at 9:21 AM, Koos Likkewaan 2 said:

Maybe I am the odd one out here, but I am not enjoying mine. Maybe I haven't used it on proper trails and expects it to be a good "marathon" bike, but just not getting used to it.

Build with new, mostly Rapide components (where possible).

Thought this would replace my carbon hardtail and steel SS, but not for me. I prefer a hardtail over a DS any day.

My question is, now what ? Sitting with a bike that I do not enjoy and can not sell (don't mind loosing a bit on the experiment, but not willing to drop 50%).

I guess my long winded response is, Try it out first (you will have to find a friend, as there is no test ride from a shop on this one) before you spend money on something you might not be able to get rid of if it does not work for you.

Short update.

Took the Rapide on two rides this weekend. First ride was the normal coffee ride. The same comments as above.

However... Second ride was at Thaba Trails. Kiwi can confirm or deny, but I am sure the development of this frame must have been around those trails. It was fun ! I think it was @Stretched@Birth  that once said he felt like he was holding the bike back on the downhills. I got the same feeling at one point. But, I think what surprised me more was going uphill, especially when it became a little rough. The thing just wanted to go.

I guess it will have to stick around a little longer. At least until I figure out where to use it. Oh how I wish Buffelsdrift was still open. I think this bike will enjoy those trails.

Now I wonder, why not W2W ?🤔

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/1/2023 at 2:01 PM, Koos Likkewaan 2 said:

What ever happened to those Spirgrips ?

You still have them ?

I can't remember... Let me have a look. Maybe drop me a PM to remind me

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

I can't remember... Let me have a look. Maybe drop me a PM to remind me

If he doesn't take them I for sure will...

2 hours ago, Koos Likkewaan 2 said:

However... Second ride was at Thaba Trails.

There's the magic sauce right there. Long, low, and slack geometry with a steep seat tube is made for technical, rough, fast riding. Thaba has all of that, in buckets. A Tigre at (most of) Modderfontein or a dirt road is going to feel like a sluggish whale. But somewhere like Thaba it will shine.

It was the same with my Stache. Point it down something sketch as balls, loosen the grip, bend the knees, and just guide it to roughly where you want to be and it just storms over/through everything at warp speed. The tar road ride there and buck however will likely be a lot slower and less fun than a purebred XC bike.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/26/2023 at 4:34 PM, BrandonH said:

Just pulled the trigger on the frame and fork combo.. can’t wait to take her out for a spin 

3824C754-7708-49A8-82AD-13FB67914D66.jpeg

And?

Anyone tried running the bike with a 27.5" (650b) rear wheel?

I'd thinking about it and would run a 2.6 or 2.8 tyre

4 minutes ago, CMAX said:

Yes I know someone that run on 27.5 front & back.

11 minutes ago, CMAX said:

You can Run up to 3 Inch Tyres on the Rapide frame. 

20 hours ago, BrandonH said:

Howzit all! unfortunately I have to sell my Rapide due to unforeseen expenses. I have ridden her twice! 

Rapide Tigre Size M (Like new) | Hardtail Mountain Bikes | Bike Hub

This bike has felt amazing, and I haven't even had the chance to truly run her in, only touched the tarmac, once from Royal Ascot to Blouberg, and then once to Melkbos.

What Wheels you Selling it With ?