Rapidé Tigre Hardtail Frame

MORNE

14 minutes ago, Koos Likkewaan said:

Was very interested in building one of these, but kinda lost interest due to no parts availability and no real plan on when it will be available.

No time like the present - whatever you need is in stock right now😉

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Koos Likkewaan said:

Was very interested in building one of these, but kinda lost interest due to no parts availability and no real plan on when it will be available.

I also looked at this but It Works out too Expensive.

The frame and fork combo was killer.

You could easily build up an amazing bike for 20k ish then add a suspension fork and upgrades at a later date after more saving.

The beauty of a steel frame is it's ability to feel good despite having less than sparkly new bits.

A decent wheel set for 4k from the classifieds, brakes for 2500 and you have yourself the basis of a very cool bike.

I almost pulled the trigger many times but managed to get my old ROS9 back so it become moot.

21 hours ago, Nic Brigando said:

Easiest way is to buy a cheap 29er hardtail and port all the parts over. 

Good advice, - just check TA , Boost and Steerer 

You can get a Brand New Carbon Hardtail  With 12 Speed Sram Group and RS Recon Gold Fork for 35 K (Before Discount)

Light Frame Good Wheels and Tyres Fully Tubeless On the Road with Warranty.

You cannot Build this Bike with Brand New Same or Similar Components for that.

I mean you're not gonna build a rapide to compete with a carbon xc hardtail :P

3 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:

You can get a Brand New Carbon Hardtail  With 12 Speed Sram Group and RS Recon Gold Fork for 35 K (Before Discount)

Light Frame Good Wheels and Tyres Fully Tubeless On the Road with Warranty.

You cannot Build this Bike with Brand New Same or Similar Components for that.

39 minutes ago, Nic Brigando said:

I mean you're not gonna build a rapide to compete with a carbon xc hardtail :P

I beg to differ, me and my Rapide did a 16km ride with an average of 35km/h (the 16km was part of a longer ride).  I was able to keep up with some fancy bikes.  Me on my 34T oval and most of them on their 36T chainrings

19 minutes ago, Super Sywurm said:

I beg to differ, me and my Rapide did a 16km ride with an average of 35km/h (the 16km was part of a longer ride).  I was able to keep up with some fancy bikes.  Me on my 34T oval and most of them on their 36T chainrings

Honestly though, I've also ridden a BMX at Argus wearing baggies and a t-shirt the same speed a lot of people ride their racing bikes in lycra.

This is a case of the pilot vs other pilots.

You cannot build a rapide frame into a racing bike in the same league as a purpose built racing bike. Piloted by the same pilot, with the same effort, on the correct terrain, a racing bike will be better.

BUT on the correct terrain, a not so light, trail purpose fun bike rapide steel frame will be better than the racing bike. 

I once ran a 3hr marathon in home made sandals. That doesn't mean everyone can run a 3hr marathon in 3hr sandals because I did it.

13 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Honestly though, I've also ridden a BMX at Argus wearing baggies and a t-shirt the same speed a lot of people ride their racing bikes in lycra.

True story….he started behind me and passed me around Scarborough👀 on said bmx

edit:….looking fresh as a wookie making angels in a field of daisies…

Edited by MORNE

It's Lekker for the Durban Beachfront or Maybe a Cruise around Seapoint, GreenPoint.

Also to ride the Hills of Boksburg I suppose.

Otherwise I don't see a Market for this Thing.

24 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:

It's Lekker for the Durban Beachfront or Maybe a Cruise around Seapoint, GreenPoint.

Riiiiight.......

1 hour ago, dasilvarsa said:

It's an awesome bike for the Western Cape trails, and the Garden Route forest trails, and will even be awesome on the Karoo gravel roads. 

I can see it as a very good replacement for my Singlespeed. Versatile enough to slap gears on for a W2W or a bike packing trip, and be a fun hooligan bike rest of the time. 

Edited by PhilipV

1 hour ago, dasilvarsa said:

What?

If you don't understand the appeal of an aggressive steel hardtail, you don't have to get an aggressive steel hardtail :P

But seriously, there are tons of brands dedicated to steel bicycles still, hardtails especially - there is most definitely a market, albeit smaller than your normal XC market.