Rockbros photochromic glasses

Daniel Silva

Looking to get myself a pair of photochromic glasses for mountain biking. The Oakley ones are wayy to expensive but I also don’t want something cheap and crappy that doesn’t work, I’ve found a decent pair on takealot for R800 and wanted to see what the quality is like, has anyone used these rockbros photochromic glasses before ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking to get myself a pair of photochromic glasses for mountain biking. The Oakley ones are wayy to expensive but I also don’t want something cheap and crappy that doesn’t work, I’ve found a decent pair on takealot for R800 and wanted to see what the quality is like, has anyone used these rockbros photochromic glasses before ?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_c7x4fUT91VjK4Qeca0JObe4hZcx1RAA32Q&usqp=CAU

These are the glasses

Look at the D’Arcs range. Edge R, Dawn, Eclipse are the more popular ones. Lifetime warranty on them and it’s a South African brand. Pricing is pretty bang on as well.

PM me if you want a catalog. Your local bike shop should be able to order for you.

Look at the D’Arcs range. Edge R, Dawn, Eclipse are the more popular ones. Lifetime warranty on them and it’s a South African brand. Pricing is pretty bang on as well.

PM me if you want a catalog. Your local bike shop should be able to order for you.

"Lifetime warranty", what does that mean?

"Lifetime warranty", what does that mean?

Lifetime of the product. But basically if an arm snaps, a lens cracks etc. - as long as you didn’t crash and break them or scratch then lens, they will be replaced at no cost.

No idea of quality but Rockbros certainly look the part and have been popping up more and more.

There's also some advertised here on the Hub.

As others have said, there are quite a few other options available too ...

Lifetime of the product. But basically if an arm snaps, a lens cracks etc. - as long as you didn’t crash and break them or scratch then lens, they will be replaced at no cost.

I scratched the Lenses on my Darc's Urbane glasses. Any advice on how to go about getting replacement lenses? I am willing to pay for the replacement obviously.

What’s the quality like and do they work properly?

The photochromic lenses on the Rockbros adjust perfectly, i have Oakley Jawbreakers with Oakley photochromic lenses and to my untrained eye there is very little difference. I suppose the experts will tell you otherwise regarding the UV protection and so on, but i have really sensitive eyes and they both work really well for me. The Rockbros frame quality is also really good I'm very impressed overall.

I scratched the Lenses on my Darc's Urbane glasses. Any advice on how to go about getting replacement lenses? I am willing to pay for the replacement obviously.

Just an FYI to anyone interested in the Darc's:

Their official reply to me was that they don't sell replacement lenses, you need to buy an entirely new set of sunglasses.

The photochromic lenses on the Rockbros adjust perfectly, i have Oakley Jawbreakers with Oakley photochromic lenses and to my untrained eye there is very little difference. I suppose the experts will tell you otherwise regarding the UV protection and so on, but i have really sensitive eyes and they both work really well for me. The Rockbros frame quality is also really good I'm very impressed overall.

Thanks I definitely think I’ll give them a try, they seem to have really good reviews all around and it’s a hell of a lot cheaper than other options

Okay. And the next obvious question is what is the perceived lifetime of the product?