Rockbros photochromic glasses

Daniel Silva

So tell us, after a few months of wearing them, can you still see, or do you notice bright lights in the sunlight???

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

D’Arcs have a lifetime warranty.

Except on the optics. They aren't even prepared to sell me the replacements, need to buy completely new set if you scratch them.

. Just thought people should know.

Except on the optics. They aren't even prepared to sell me the replacements, need to buy completely new set if you scratch them.

That's dodgy, they should at least cover the lenses for for factory issues like the coating bubbling and flaking.

That's dodgy, they should at least cover the lenses for for factory issues like the coating bubbling and flaking.

That's what I expected from Oakley too, but no ...

post-2688-0-13808200-1615719286_thumb.jpg

If It’s a factory fault, they will replace them. If there is no stock, that is a different issue.

• 3 months later...
On 12/14/2020 at 12:09 PM, Thomo said:

I sent retailer (a well known LBS) a pic and got a response along the lines of "that's odd".

So let's see what else I get from them and indirectly the distributors of Oakley.

post-2688-0-29477200-1607940564_thumb.jpg

I just stumbled on this post while looking for some assistance with a pair of Rockbros I bought.... I had a similar issue with my Oakley lenses.... Took it to my lbs at the time.... Sent lenses away... Oakley replaced them! I suggest you contact the dealer in SA directly if any of you have issues with your Oakley frames and lenses. In my opinion their customer service is awesome! 

I have a pair .They work well ,but i would rather buy a pair of sport glasses from Cape union mart .Half the price and work perfectly at R350 .0

I have had similar issues with adidas lenses. The tint would bubble off the lenses. Adidas was not interested.

• 1 year later...

Thread revival.

My trusty Rudy Projects are falling apart. The nose piece is disintegrating and the lenses have seen better days (see what I did there). Some light searching suggests its not really worth trying to source the parts, plus I'm looking for a little more face coverage (but not as much as the current big screen TVs that are the rage right now).

So, are rockbros with photochromatic lenses worth it, or double the budget and get something entry level from another manufacturer. And if the later then who ?

I dont really want to spend more than R1200

8 minutes ago, ouzo said:

Thread revival.

My trusty Rudy Projects are falling apart. The nose piece is disintegrating and the lenses have seen better days (see what I did there). Some light searching suggests its not really worth trying to source the parts, plus I'm looking for a little more face coverage (but not as much as the current big screen TVs that are the rage right now).

So, are rockbros with photochromatic lenses worth it, or double the budget and get something entry level from another manufacturer. And if the later then who ?

30 South - worth checking to see if they still have the photochromic lens option.

32 minutes ago, ouzo said:

Thread revival.

https://dvillecyclery.co.za/product-category/apparel/eyewear/darcs-eyewear/

I will be buying  D' arcs next time I need new shades. They have some nice designs and very reasonable prices

1 hour ago, Eddy Gordo said:

https://dvillecyclery.co.za/product-category/apparel/eyewear/darcs-eyewear/

I will be buying  D' arcs next time I need new shades. They have some nice designs and very reasonable prices

Yup, not rubbish. They used to suck (ITO design, not quality), but no longer.

The only gripe I have with them is that the lens quality isn't quite Oakley HDO level, and my old slightly useless eyes have issues with that in low light, which is about 80% of what I ride. This is specifically the photochromic lenses, since they don't do a true clear one in any of the styles I want.

Aside from that they're about the best value brand out there.

Thanks, will check out what D’Arcs have. 
I used to use a set about 20 years back with interchangeable lenses. They are still kicking about somewhere in the house, but I don’t like interchangeable lenses so photochromatic is what I want 

1 hour ago, droo said:

Yup, not rubbish. They used to suck (ITO design, not quality), but no longer.

The only gripe I have with them is that the lens quality isn't quite Oakley HDO level, and my old slightly useless eyes have issues with that in low light, which is about 80% of what I ride. This is specifically the photochromic lenses, since they don't do a true clear one in any of the styles I want.

Aside from that they're about the best value brand out there.

Thats why I mainly use yellow or orange lenses. Yellow seems to work the best for me.

14 hours ago, ouzo said:

Thanks, will check out what D’Arcs have. 
I used to use a set about 20 years back with interchangeable lenses. They are still kicking about somewhere in the house, but I don’t like interchangeable lenses so photochromatic is what I want 

I have had a pair of the photochromatic D'Arcs for a good few years - used for cycling only, not the interchangeable lens type (I have a pair of those for the car) but I really like the brand. They seem tough, not easy to break (although I have 4 or 5 I have broken over the years). I really like the photochromatic D'Arcs I do have BUT I have not tried anything else.