Suspension Setup Guru in Cape Town

Mike Mac

Funny...

Unless I missed something, not a single bike shop has put their hand up to offer assistance here. Either all still on a break or too much business to give a damn!!!

I recon they are busy fixing everything broken by ham-fisted home mechanics and fixing busted bikes from the December holiday period.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked the Spez recommendations which are 25-30% sag on shock. I will try inceasing pressure to about 250psi and see what that does.

I initially assumed that the 30% sag would provide a softer more plush ride, but, if I understand you correctly, riding lower in the travel may well result in less mid stroke and therefor ramp up much quicker.

If I may ask, what do you weigh? Edited by Wimmas

Mike I'd also suggest you gove Chris Nixon at Bike Park Uitsig a call.

Chris is an Enduro racer of note and been SA DH champ at various points in his career. He also understands suspension. 

Then he has a really fantastic facility in his shops back yard that will allow you to try the settings in a safe environment before he takes you into Tokai to check again.

I Highly recommends this option

by the sounds of the issue you need cone valve forks and an ohlins trax shock on the rear. . .

Trax is WP dude, you should know this....

Mike I'd also suggest you gove Chris Nixon at Bike Park Uitsig a call.

Chris is an Enduro racer of note and been SA DH champ at various points in his career. He also understands suspension.

Then he has a really fantastic facility in his shops back yard that will allow you to try the settings in a safe environment before he takes you into Tokai to check again.

I Highly recommends this option

I have actually had a skills lesson with his colleague Darren Stow, so this recommendation is definitely something I will follow through with. I will get onto it right away.

Thanks for pointing me in this direction.

Edited by Mike Mac

Trax is WP dude, you should know this....

my bad, not enough coffee this morning. Anyway am more a showa kinda guy anyway.