Recommend me some Tubeless road tires

fanievb

Having recently acquired a new roadie which sports some tubeless wheels (american classic), and being used to 23c tubed gatorskins for most of my cycling career, I've got no idea where to start looking for new tires.

currently running schwalbe pro 1, but being second hand they are starting to look a bit worse for wear.

by the look of things frame should be able to take a set of 25c's.

what are you running and what would you recommend (that is as bulletproof as gatorskins)

Cough up and get some Gp5000's

Daai baaik makeer 25mm GP5000TL

you reckon they stand up to our slummies roads?

OK, get the 28's then  :thumbup:

go 28mm for the comfort and Gp5000's for RSA roads.

good reviews online.

alternatively i do like the Vitoria Corsa 2.0's are also really nice.

they are expensive, and not quite as fast as the Gp5000's

also steer clear of the Pirelli P-zero tires.

they are so soft and have zero in the way of puncture protection.

Edited by Furbz

you reckon they stand up to our slummies roads?

Yes done a good few 1000km on them already just rotate when rear starts looking worn. Unfortunately with tubless you cannot really protect against large cuts but I have only had two thus far and both managed to repair with super glue. My 5c

I have used the normal GP5000 and got decent mileage on them, +/- 7500km with 2 punctures.

Then moved over to the Vitoria Corsa 2.0 and had a few punctures over like 3 days so then decided to go Gp5000 tubeless.

Got the tyres from East City Cycles online as they were 1 of the few shops with stock.

Did the tubeless set up last week but have not had a chance to ride them yet.

The Schwalbe Pro 1s you have on are quite decent. Much lighter and faster rolling than tubed Gatorskins. For many years they were top. Right now GP5000 is slightly faster, slightly more cut proof, and lasts a bit longer while priced about the same. 

Sheets, shoes, and tyres. Spend the bucks on what comes between you and the earth...

Really enjoying the Pirelli Cinturatos myself. Think of them as a much better Gatorskin / training tyre

theyre miles better than the gatorskins I was using for so many years

Don't forget an older bike will have less clearance. The 25c tyres normally pump up to 28mm. I thought I had enough side to side clearance on an older bike but the tyre rubbed on the top of the fork. Go for the Pirelli cinturatos. I ran them during a very bleak winter in the UK and they survived very well.