Tracker device for safety

ycowley

I am looking for a tracker device (not cell phone) that is small enough to put in a pocket of running shorts. The tracker should be able to receive calls from selected numbers, make calls to selected numbers and maybe have a panic button. I also want it to be GPS activated so that my husband can track where I am on his cell phone.

Anyone recommend something in this line please?

I run alone (up to 21km) and do not want to carry my cell phone (it is too big) and also do not wish to be a target with it on me.

Doesn’t give you everything you’re looking for, but is a nifty option.

I bought this cellphone off OneDayOnly.

post-10771-0-56668300-1611311770_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ouzo

I am looking for a tracker device (not cell phone) that is small enough to put in a pocket of running shorts. The tracker should be able to receive calls from selected numbers, make calls to selected numbers and maybe have a panic button. I also want it to be GPS activated so that my husband can track where I am on his cell phone.

I run alone (up to 21km) and do not want to carry my cell phone (it is too big) and also do not wish to be a target with it on me.

You want to receive and make cellular based calls without a cellphone?

What you have described is what’s known as a cellphone. The only thing that does all of that is a cellphone, so I can get you not wanting to run with yours, but it’s very easy to find small, cheap ones.

Back in the day I used a Vodacom Kicka as an “mp3” player for running. Now I just don’t give a **** and go out with my actual phone, but that could work for you, buying a cheap cellphone is the only way your going to be making and reviewing calls and being go’s tracked while out running.

A new generation smart watch with esim might be an option.  Apple watch or Samsung smart watches.

Apple watch you can make & receive calls and your husband can track you with find my iphone.  Samsung probably have similar offering.

Edit: https://mybroadband.co.za/news/cellular/369671-the-good-and-bad-news-for-apple-smartwatch-fans-in-south-africa.html

Don't Garmin also make kids GPS watches where parents can track them?

Shouldn't be too expensive either

Check out namola.com. the size of a remote, panic button, GPS tracking, can receive calls, but not make them. Very affordable,just check coverage in your area. We bought one for our daughter who studies in Stellenbosch and is a diabetic.

Don't Garmin also make kids GPS watches where parents can track them?

Shouldn't be too expensive either

Jip, also recall something about a cheaper watch that can make and receive calls from selected numbers .... 

I use my old phone when I cycle ... partly to be able to call, but also to be able to hand over something if worst happens ..... not handing something over seems to just agrevate these cretens ...

Check out namola.com. the size of a remote, panic button, GPS tracking, can receive calls, but not make them. Very affordable,just check coverage in your area. We bought one for our daughter who studies in Stellenbosch and is a diabetic.

Nice, didn't know about this.

Edit:  I cycle with my iPhone XR in my back pocket so the wife can get my location if I get into trouble.  Running with a phone, I wont even consider.

Edited by TheoG

https://www.toysrus.co.za/kids-gps-tracking-watch-blue-1167931

Something like this might tick all the boxes:

https://www.takealot.com/volkano-kids-find-me-series-children-s-gps-tracking-watch/PLID54860905/description

A friend of mine bought his kids one of these each when the went to stay with their great-grandmother during a school holiday. Might not have been the exact same unit, but very similar to this. He found the functionality relatively good.

You should be able to pick up a well reviewed version of this for under R1k.

post-27827-0-64208400-1611315211_thumb.jpg

my garmin has a tracking option.

my wife and a few other people get emailed a link every time i go out for a ride.

also have the crash detection on. if you stop fast enough it activates - it can be used if you are being hijacked.

if it goes off it sends GPS co-ordinates to your designated people of the point where the alarm when off. so they can come to where the incident/crash took place.

my garmin has a tracking option.

my wife and a few other people get emailed a link every time i go out for a ride.

also have the crash detection on. if you stop fast enough it activates - it can be used if you are being hijacked.

if it goes off it sends GPS co-ordinates to your designated people of the point where the alarm when off. so they can come to where the incident/crash took place.

Is this not all done with a bluetooth connection to your phone?