GCN+

Mntboy

15 hours ago, Shebeen said:

totally random, but i googled the first GCN video.

i think this is it.

and guess what features?!

Wow. It'll be their 10 year anniversary next year. I wonder if any other channels have been around as long?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Shebeen said:

totally random, but i googled the first GCN video.

i think this is it.

and guess what features?!

I cannot understand why Matt left. He was my fav. 

9 hours ago, Frosty said:

My VPN is installed on my router, so all devices connected are behind the VPN. The GCN+ app works fine on the Mi Box S, except for live Tour de France coverage. I queried it with them last year and they said they don’t support the Mi Box S.

Below was yesterday’s stage of the UAE Tour.

9BF59935-6BA4-4459-A91B-A0A68A97B52F.jpeg

5EA9CCB9-D8A4-42F7-9952-59685F555E5D.jpeg

The App doesnt support it is ***.... Just got a free VPN for the box and connected to Germany, Tour is fully loaded now.

Woop Woop!

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 7.49.34 AM_.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Zeffer said:

How much does this cost? Cant seem to find a subscription fee without creating an account.

Renewed the other day at R720 for the year. Worth every cent!

10 hours ago, Frosty said:

My VPN is installed on my router, so all devices connected are behind the VPN. The GCN+ app works fine on the Mi Box S, except for live Tour de France coverage. I queried it with them last year and they said they don’t support the Mi Box S.

Below was yesterday’s stage of the UAE Tour.

Prefer not to run VPN on router - as you say then EVERYTHING traverses the VPN (unless router supports Split Tunnelling - and not a lot do). Although it works fine for GCN+ - reality is that (on my 200Mbps fibre line) it reduces the overall speed by at least 40% - in most cases much more. As such I prefer to run NordVPN on a per device basis - only disadvantage is that NordVPN is not supported on all devices (i.e. Apple TV). 

Edited by pedal menace

6 minutes ago, pedal menace said:

Although it works fine for GCN+ - reality is that (on my 200Mbps fibre line) it reduces the overall speed by at least 40% - in most cases much more. As such I prefer to run NordVPN on a per device basis - only disadvantage is that NordVPN is not supported on all devices (i.e. Apple TV). 

You've literally just answered what I was about to ask. 

Also just want to add +1 for loving GCN+

Best subscription service I'm currently paying for hands down. 

1 hour ago, Matu said:

The App doesnt support it is ***.... Just got a free VPN for the box and connected to Germany, Tour is fully loaded now.

Woop Woop!

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 7.49.34 AM_.jpeg

Try when the Tour is live, like I experienced last year. Highlights work fine, as do other races just not the Tour. There's the ticket below.

If they've updated it since, then bonus. If not, I'm sharing what happened last year July.

image.png.5b8d83ac19c98549a5fcc8c64fbfa35a.png

27 minutes ago, pedal menace said:

Prefer not to run VPN on router - as you say then EVERYTHING traverses the VPN (unless router supports Split Tunnelling - and not a lot do). Although it works fine for GCN+ - reality is that (on my 200Mbps fibre line) it reduces the overall speed by at least 40% - in most cases much more. As such I prefer to run NordVPN on a per device basis - only disadvantage is that NordVPN is not supported on all devices (i.e. Apple TV). 

I have two routers, one is the ISP's provided one, which doesn't allow any configuration. This is the reason why I have a second one.

Also, I can't change settings on my work laptop, but can select wifi networks. Another reason why I went with the router setup. It's what works for my setup.

1 hour ago, Zeffer said:

How much does this cost? Cant seem to find a subscription fee without creating an account.

https://nordvpn.com/pricing/birthday-site/

$84 for a 2 year subscription = R630/year, or R52.50/month (2 coffees).

image.png.54bf39073e5ff36d51d425632a549750.png

GCN+ is R719.99 for the year (when I renewed). Not sure if it's exchange rate based.

Edited by Frosty

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I have two routers, one is the ISP's provided one, which doesn't allow any configuration. This is the reason why I have a second one.

Also, I can't change settings on my work laptop, but can select wifi networks. Another reason why I went with the router setup. It's what works for my setup.

Makes 100% sense. Two routers will solve that issue. 

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

Try when the Tour is live, like I experienced last year. Highlights work fine, as do other races just not the Tour. There's the ticket below.

If they've updated it since, then bonus. If not, I'm sharing what happened last year July.

image.png.5b8d83ac19c98549a5fcc8c64fbfa35a.png

Ah I see!! 

I'll confirm back in July ☺️

• 4 months later...

ok, trying to use the app, it's either showing me 10min short package or full race.

is there a 1hour or 2 hour high light package of TdF.

also sad to see like tonight there is nothing yet of today stage, don't want to wait for tomorrow.

G

10 minutes ago, awesme said:

ok, trying to use the app, it's either showing me 10min short package or full race.

is there a 1hour or 2 hour high light package of TdF.

also sad to see like tonight there is nothing yet of today stage, don't want to wait for tomorrow.

G

There was no stage today or am I missing something? 🤔

1 hour ago, awesme said:

G

Right this part confused me, I thought you were expecting a live Stage today but today is a rest/transition day.