GCN+

Mntboy

On 2/16/2022 at 3:56 PM, Frosty said:

... and cumulatively less per month than that satellite TV company that repeats everything, and has adverts at the most inappropriate times.

Had to Google TIDAL ☺️; never heard of it being an Apple user.

Still the best use of my money I reckon. The documentaries/non-racing stuff alone is worth it. Just how good was that doccie that Jennie Graham and Leal Wilcox did on Greenland (I think). Everything is just so well shot and presented. GCN+ and VPN is really well worth it.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joined last month and very happy, works well on my android tv box, phone and tablet.

Cool on the tablet while Zwifting!

Good quality and good races, yet to try the VPN for geo blocked content.

I wish they just would offer various profiles like Netflix so we could share the subscription with family members. Currently sharing with the father, but no clarity of what I have watched/what he has watched...

Otherwise 10 points, keen for the Giro this year

Edited by Matu
spelling

3 hours ago, Matu said:

Joined last month and very happy, works well on my android tv box, phone and tablet.

Cool on the tablet while Zwifting!

Good quality and good races, yet to try the VPN for geo blocked content.

I wish they just would offer various profiles like Netflix so we could share the subscription with family members. Currently sharing with the father, but no clarity of what I have watched/what he has watched...

Otherwise 10 points, keen for the Giro this year

What Android box do you have?

I have the Mi Box S, and I asked GCN why the Tour doesn’t show live, but I can watch the documentaries. They responded by saying, “it isn’t supported.” They even commented on the Dutch website I had showing in my query, asking how it was going (covid wise).

66D2AF47-AF1A-4DB4-B4BA-2B37CDC036BF.png

2 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I have the Mi Box S, and I asked GCN why the Tour doesn’t show live, but I can watch the documentaries. They responded by saying, “it isn’t supported.” They even commented on the Dutch website I had showing in my query, asking how it was going (covid wise).

You need to cast it from your phone.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Just remember many of the races that are live on SuperSport (i.e. TdF) will not stream to South Africa (license issues). To fix that you need a VPN like NordVPN - then just sign onto a UK server for example - and viola! Nearly every race is streamed live! No adds! Cycling Heaven! I use Ematic Android Box - and it all works perfectly. 

Edited by pedal menace

24 minutes ago, pedal menace said:

Just remember many of the races that are live on SuperSport (i.e. TdF) will not stream to South Africa (license issues). To fix that you need a VPN like NordVPN - then just sign onto a UK server for example - and viola! Nearly every race is streamed live! No adds! Cycling Heaven! I use Ematic Android Box - and it all works perfectly. 

Expensive but worth it. UAE Tour that's on now needs no VPN in order to watch, which is great. But the BEEG races you'll need to turn it on, just pick you country carefully (eg., don't pick France if you're watching TdF as those rights are already reserved for their local stations). 

10 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Expensive but worth it. UAE Tour that's on now needs no VPN in order to watch, which is great. But the BEEG races you'll need to turn it on, just pick you country carefully (eg., don't pick France if you're watching TdF as those rights are already reserved for their local stations). 

Absolutely agree - also well worth it. But also really not that expensive. Current special I think is $81 for 2 years - and then you can also use for all other streaming services (i.e. Netflix etc). But for cycling - perfect fit. 

23 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

The Live UAE broadcast now on requires VPN - I can watch repeats - but not the live stream ( I can with VPN). Unless I am missing something

Update: I think I checked too early. I see it only starts at 1250...Will check then 

Edited by pedal menace

1 hour ago, Bub Marley said:

You need to cast it from your phone.

Apple doesn't allow casting to the Mi Box either.
It works fine with a Chromecast device.

21 minutes ago, pedal menace said:

The Live UAE broadcast now on requires VPN - I can watch repeats - but not the live stream ( I can with VPN). Unless I am missing something

Update: I think I checked too early. I see it only starts at 1250...Will check then 

I have watched every race so far this year without requiring my VPN.

2 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I have watched every race so far this year without requiring my VPN.

Works perfectly without VPN!

48 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Apple doesn't allow casting to the Mi Box either.
It works fine with a Chromecast device.

This is strange. My Mi box had a built in chrome cast.

20 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

This is strange. My Mi box had a built in chrome cast.

Mine too, but doesn’t work. It only works with the Google chrome cast device 

totally random, but i googled the first GCN video.

i think this is it.

and guess what features?!

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

Same box :) So as far as i understand the Tour is geo blocked, this is where the VPN will come in handy!

I havent yet checked for a VPN app for the Mi Box S, but ill keep you updated

3 hours ago, Matu said:

I havent yet checked for a VPN app for the Mi Box S, but ill keep you updated

My VPN is installed on my router, so all devices connected are behind the VPN. The GCN+ app works fine on the Mi Box S, except for live Tour de France coverage. I queried it with them last year and they said they don’t support the Mi Box S.

Below was yesterday’s stage of the UAE Tour.

9BF59935-6BA4-4459-A91B-A0A68A97B52F.jpeg

5EA9CCB9-D8A4-42F7-9952-59685F555E5D.jpeg

Edited by Frosty