GCN+

Mntboy

On 2/23/2022 at 7:54 AM, Matu said:

The App doesnt support it is ***.... Just got a free VPN for the box and connected to Germany, Tour is fully loaded now.

Woop Woop!

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-23 at 7.49.34 AM_.jpeg

I am going to have to do the same for the Le tour.

I was super impressed with the coverage of NMNM XCO. Dstv kicked. This is the way 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I am going to have to do the same for the Le tour.

I was super impressed with the coverage of NMNM XCO. Dstv kicked. This is the way 

image.jpeg.da53563d7fe3557ef3e19e0261c02a2a.jpeg

Been suffering with this poor coverage and quality. After refreshing multiple times, even connecting the PC to the internet cable nothing worked.

Out of desperation I switched the VPN on and now I have PERFECT HD streaming. 🤯

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/16/2023 at 9:08 PM, Red Bird said:

Been suffering with this poor coverage and quality. After refreshing multiple times, even connecting the PC to the internet cable nothing worked.

IMG_2261.mov 65.82 MB · 5 downloads  

Out of desperation I switched the VPN on and now I have PERFECT HD streaming. 🤯

IMG_2263.mov 9.58 MB · 3 downloads  

@Red Birdwhat vpn are you using? I've never had one. (Cast to my old 15year old TV via Chromecast). But I'm having the same issues with crappy quality. 

I also need a vpn obviously to watch the tour later on. So need to figure out how to install one (and where to install it etc). 

Any advice from anyone would be great. Thanks. 

Gcn+ has such cool stuff on it. But it just sucks that it's so slow. Just like red bull when they started out 10 years ago. 

On 5/16/2023 at 7:51 AM, pedal menace said:

Correct. GCN detects IP and determines GEO location and then opens for that country. So one user on GCN is all you need and one account for your VPN provider. So in my case I always connect to VPN first to obtain other country IP (usually UK or US) and then open GCN which loads content based on country it detects (same as Netflix and other streaming apps). 

One doesn't always have to connect to the VPN first. If you open up GCN+ in your browser and it reads your South African IP, it might block some races. If you open up your VPN and select the appropraite country and refresh the GCN+ website, then voila, it'll pick up the race that was geolocked!

I use a MIBOX, as well. GCN app on there as well as my VPN. Same procedure.

Android phone, too. Same procedure.

I’m running from the newer to the latest Apple TV’s with a 75/75 fibre line and also struggling, having tested all 3 tv’s. I’ve done done the usual checks and my speeds are 100% and also restarted my network and routers to refresh as well. If I cannot solve it I’m cancelling my subscription. Any suggestions would be most welcome as no DSTV. The buffering and poor quality makes me want to rage quit…

Edited by Murrob
Grammar

10 hours ago, Murrob said:

I’m running the from the newer to the latest Apple TV’s with a 75/75 fibre line and also struggling, having tested all tv’s. I’ve done done the usual checks and my speeds are 100% and also restarted my network and routers to refresh as well. If I cannot solve it I’m cancelling my subscription. Any suggestions would be most welcome as no DSTV. The buffering and poor quality makes me want to rage quit…

The feed seems to settle down after 30-odd minutes. I run much the same: ATV on 100 meg line, and initially the feed is unwatchable. It’s %#*£ annoying (thanks a lot UCI). It’d be annoying for a free service, it’s absurd for a paid service. 

My suggestion: everyone with issues contact GCN and bitch about it. Maybe, just maybe they’ll actually do something about it. Not holding my breath though. 

Edited by tinmug

49 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

Anyone know how to run a VPN on Apple TV? I can do it on the iPhone and see the races there. I guess I could cast it to the tv.

You can't. Best is probably VPN on computer then send to ATV.

GCN+ feed a complete waste of time so far. Not happy. 

1 hour ago, tinmug said:

You can't. Best is probably VPN on computer then send to ATV.

GCN+ feed a complete waste of time so far. Not happy. 

Why if I may ask? Been swopping between gcn+ and eurosport all weekend. Feed has been fine, but miss the Rob Warner commentary

2 hours ago, MilkManMike said:

Why if I may ask? Been swopping between gcn+ and eurosport all weekend. Feed has been fine, but miss the Rob Warner commentary

Quality of the feed. It's unwatchable.

How do you access Eurosport?

9 minutes ago, tinmug said:

Quality of the feed. It's unwatchable.

How do you access Eurosport?

Via VPN. But the Eurosport and GCN+ broadcast is the same feed. Same as you get on supersport, if you have Dstv. I have had no issues with the feed at all this weekend so far. 

... several people have stated that running through a VPN solves it. Thus I have pretend I am in a different country just to get a service I am paying for to function?

13 minutes ago, tinmug said:

... several people have stated that running through a VPN solves it. Thus I have pretend I am in a different country just to get a service I am paying for to function?

Until DSTVs chokehold on broadcast rights in South Africa is broken, which unfortunately is protected by our very uncompetitive laws in this space, and those laws are the only things keeping multi choice afloat, you will always require a VPN to get access to decent content in South Africa, especially if you want it an affordable price.

5 minutes ago, MilkManMike said:

Until DSTVs chokehold on broadcast rights in South Africa is broken, which unfortunately is protected by our very uncompetitive laws in this space, and those laws are the only things keeping multi choice afloat, you will always require a VPN to get access to decent content in South Africa, especially if you want it an affordable price.

Then GCN needs to make it very clear that the expect me to lie about my geographical location before so readily taking my money. 😉

Besides, DSTVs rights to the broadcast has no bearing on the quality of the feed being catered for by GCN+. If a VPN resolves the problem then it's between GCN+ and their infrastructure support this region. If tomorrow is as unwatchable as today then I'll likely cancel. I refuse to pay for what was, at best, a radio broadcast today. 

Edited by tinmug