GCN+

Mntboy

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching on Tiz Cycling and refreshing the GCN+ stream. They are now showing a Technical difficulty message below the banner. Hopefully they'll sort it out soon and won't have the same problem next weekend with Strade Bianche!

i do get KBK on my mobile data but not with my home wifi.anybody for advice?

Edited by NISI

Just subcribed yesterday... last minute FOMO.  Caught the highlights of Neeuwsblad and KBK.  and got lost in the documentaries - 80 days and the descend one.  Good quality viewing that.

I'm also weekly on the trainer with GCN training videos to great success, and the ones I see on GCN+ are going to be awesome. Looking forward to some suffering tonight.

All in all.  WInner chicken dinner

i downloaded Thunder VPN on my android and was able to watch the race no problem on my phone.

i was not able to cast it onto my chromecast which sucked

To cast, both devices need to be on the same network, but as soon as you start a VPN connection, it's on a different network, so cannot cast.

To cast, both devices need to be on the same network, but as soon as you start a VPN connection, it's on a different network, so cannot cast.

I am a big noob when talking about VPN, so excuse my ignorance: Are there Network routers you can get that does the VPN bit for your entire network?

Edited by Vetplant

I am a big noob when talking about VPN, so excuse my ignorance: Are there Network routers you can get that does the VPN bit for your entire network?

I’m with NordVPN and it will work provided you have OpenVPN Client support on the router. They recommend the ASUS range as it comes standard, compared to other routers that might require that you flash the firmware using DD-WRT firmware.

As a fellow noob, aka non-IT geek, I bought the Asus router and it works out the box. It connects as a second network in the house, so the fiber router is only there to connect to my ISP and everything else is behind the VPN.

Edit: If you go the VPN route, check with the VPN service provider you choose on what is possible, and what is not.

Edited by Frosty

If you do the VPN connection on the router. then it should not be an issue, all devices will still be on the same local IP address range.  Most routers support VPN of various flavours, but does require some understanding of networking. TP LInks and cheap and powerful.

Anyone else struggling to get the live Paris Nice action on GCN+ at the moment?

Region locked, it won't broadcast for us in RSA.