Good tyre for 29'er XC ?

JohnnyReggae

I used to run Bontrager Team XR3s on my bike-nice wide 2.3 tyre. Great mileage, very good puncture resistance. Very noisy in the road though, but then again the road is not the intended use.

Nobody every comments on the Bontragers in these tyre threads? The likes of Miss Frizz must run various versions of the Bontragers, so they can’t be that ****

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to run Bontrager Team XR3s on my bike-nice wide 2.3 tyre. Great mileage, very good puncture resistance. Very noisy in the road though, but then again the road is not the intended use.

Nobody every comments on the Bontragers in these tyre threads? The likes of Miss Frizz must run various versions of the Bontragers, so they can’t be that ****

maybe people don't want to comment on tyres they haven't tried? ;)

Tried a set of XR3 on a trek demo bike and they were OK. Only had the bike for two rides but its hard to compare tyres performance when you're not on your own bike to make a decent comparison

Conti Cross King Racesport 2,35 up front and Cross King Protection 2.25 on the rear....best combo I have EVER tried...

I'm currently running this combo and don't like it. They feel heavy/sluggish when climbing. 

They might be a little bit more grippy in corners, but I'm going back to Maxxis Aspen 2.25 front and back when this set is done.

I'm a massive fan of the Maxxis Aspen 2.25 for a fast rolling XC tyre. I cannot seem to find them anywhere in SA though. Let me know if manage to find some. 

Maxxis CrossMark 2 (Front and Back)

Very Good Tyres for Cross Country  and Road Riding Mix

They Last at least Twice as Long as Icons.

Been eyeing the Aspens for a while, If Nino uses them, they must be good right ...?

When my current conties are done I'm going to give them a shot.

Nino has new ones every day  :lol:  :lol:

No to be serious, I had these on my MTB when I first got it. They roll fast and feel light.

Both were pretty worn and offered *** traction. I'm curious to test them new but I have a feeling that these sculptures in the middle must go quick, but maybe I'm wrong. One thing I know is once they're gone, you can't stop or do technical climbs  ;)

Edited by Jbr