Road Stage Races 2021

Gen

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vlasov will try to bridge the 19 seconds to virtual GC leader Schachmann

The chasing Slovenian will hope that they flatten each other with surging and he can creep back into yellow.

This is just thrilling after the intense racing at TA.

Like a second helping of trifle at Christmas lunch.

Got to feel for Roglic.. Cycling can be a cruel and beautiful sport all at the same time.

There'll be some heat in the post-race discussions as Astana and Bora' 'attacked' upon the yellow jersey crashing. Nothing was seen on camera apparently.

There'll be some heat in the post-race discussions as Astana and Bora' 'attacked' upon the yellow jersey crashing. Nothing was seen on camera apparently.

No nothing on camera and race radio didn't report a second crash the commentators so had no idea there was another crash until JV Apparently said something.. By that time the race was on.

It's very odd that a camera wouldn't have picked it up as there is usually a dedicated camera moto on the race leader.

Shame he went over to Max to congratulated him and Max was almost apologetic to him.. I don't think anyone really wants to win like that but its all part of this crazy sport we like.

Edited by Gen

Roglic rides up to Schachmann and offers him a fist bump. What a gesture that is.
Schachmann raises his hand almost in apology

CyclingNews

What a day.

Complete disaster for Primos [emoji20], Wout riding well but MVDP is just next level for power and as I said the other day I think Pagacar is set to be the tour king for 2021.

We’re definitely seeing something special this year with these youngsters.

*comic sans on

Clearly this is cervelos fault. Had Rogla still been on a Bianchi he would have remained upright. Obviously.

Why? Did someone cause him to crash? Part of bike racing is staying on the bike. Yesterday he said no one was going to gift him a win so why should he gift a younger first time potential winner the win. Or words to that effect. 

First time I see a GC leader with torn shorts on both boom-booms. Credit to the kit manufacturer hey.

Where’re was the team protection for Roglič to take him deeper into the finalè; sob many questions?

Got to feel for Roglic.. Cycling can be a cruel and beautiful sport all at the same time.

At least Gino Mäder does not hold anything against Roglic, after seeing Gino's hand gesture as PR crossed the line yesterday i was wondering.... Maybe he's not showing his true feelings  :whistling:

Gino Mäder on Twitter: "@nealrogers It‘ an easy scenario. First over the line wins. I just need to get there faster." / Twitter

Racing is racing.

They’re all trying to get to the line first, nothing wrong with yesterday or today, just unfortunate for some riders - and I’m a Roglic fan: it happens.

No feelings, he hit a guy 20m from the line. He also knows its the name of the game...