Road Stage Races 2021

Gen

No nothing on camera and race radio didn't report a second crash the commentators so had no idea there was another crash until JV Apparently said something.. By that time the race was on.

It's very odd that a camera wouldn't have picked it up as there is usually a dedicated camera moto on the race leader.

Shame he went over to Max to congratulated him and Max was almost apologetic to him.. I don't think anyone really wants to win like that but its all part of this crazy sport we like.

am so ashamed of myself, but i'll take it whichever way it comes because the next man also would...

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No feelings, he hit a guy 20m from the line. He also knows its the name of the game...

I think it’s possible to feel sorry for him yet at the same time accept that it’s the way the cookie crumbles in racing.

Louis Maincheese finished 23rd on GC at Paris-Nice.

I've got a feeling he still has something special in him...and this is his year.

Maybe a grand tour stage win.. or another top 10 finish on GC.

C'mon Louis! Find that mojo!

https://www.cyclingnews.com/amp/news/meintjes-the-plan-is-to-prepare-for-the-tour-de-france/

I have been a critic of his form and racing style the last few years, after two great TDF and one race going on attack with Richie Port, think CD.

Whishing him all the best for this year!

Edited by DJuice

Stringing days in the saddle together.

Pic: Getty Sport Images

stqsg6zstsKRZqentHjDsX.jpg

The photo lacks context:

doesn’t show how many are behind him, or that he is in last place.

Stringing days in the saddle together.

Pic: Getty Sport Images

stqsg6zstsKRZqentHjDsX.jpg

Good to see him back on the bike.. From a recent interview it really seems as if post Covid has been a struggle.. He is quite honest about it and that he is struggling.

Louis Maincheese finished 23rd on GC at Paris-Nice.

I've got a feeling he still has something special in him...and this is his year.

Maybe a grand tour stage win.. or another top 10 finish on GC.

C'mon Louis! Find that mojo!

23rd at Paris Nice is not exactly mind blowing  - just in you head as fast as you can count 10 guys that are better - so easy these days with the talent out there.  It's the golden age of cycling or someone has got great gear.  

I'd really love to be wrong but I just don't think so

Sagan clocked out years ago... I think he is seeing out his contractual obligations and will split.

I hope I'm wrong, but the spark seems to have faded from his eyes. 

I also think Meintjies has clocked out. They are both a similar age (If memory serves 31 and 29 ish) and have been living in a pressure cooker for a heck of a long time.

12 years is a long time to live under pressure as a kid. I say kid as I really do firmly believe you are a kid in your 20s. 

Again, I really do hope I'm wrong, but I don't think there will be any last hoorah's for these two

Sagan clocked out years ago... I think he is seeing out his contractual obligations and will split.

I hope I'm wrong, but the spark seems to have faded from his eyes. 

I also think Meintjies has clocked out. They are both a similar age (If memory serves 31 and 29 ish) and have been living in a pressure cooker for a heck of a long time.

12 years is a long time to live under pressure as a kid. I say kid as I really do firmly believe you are a kid in your 20s. 

Again, I really do hope I'm wrong, but I don't think there will be any last hoorah's for these two

You must have missed his Giro stage win at the end of last year, that was pure tenacity.

You must have missed his Giro stage win at the end of last year, that was pure tenacity.

No. But that used to be the norm, not something spoken about as something to speak about.

Sagan dominated world cycling for years. There is no denying his class. Old, Fat Paul Gascoigne produced occasional moments of magic because it was in his DNA, he was a winner and was helluva special, just like Sagan.

It just shows he CAN win when he puts his mind to it, but how often is he actually able to put his mind to it? 

That's my point. You sort of inadvertently proved it. 

It’s a hard thing to win a bicycle race.

“This is the biggest win in my career. I have been fighting for this for five years." @MadsWurtz