• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Sampaj said:

how do i get a race chip for this race? i have never had one

i did a substitution and didnt get a chip in the pack as they have suggested

Assuming you did get a number and an attachment to fit it to your seatpost .... the number is the 'chip' to my understanding

20 minutes ago, JJDT said:

Anyone collected their number yet and the feeling around the process and expo.

Collected my number.

Hassle free process and very empty actually.

COVID test to the right of the main entrance, no queue, earbud to the nose and sms 10 minutes later with the result.

Showed sms of negative result and qr code and allowed in the main hall.

Collected the number showing the qr code again.

Expo was very poor and empty. Not much to see.

Ready for Sunday ????

Easy process, no worries collecting the package. Notably thinner than previously with no complimentary sauces, juices, oil, potions, or powders. Expo was a let down, not one single spares supplier so not a place to score deals on tubes or tyres if that was the intention. 

1 hour ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Assuming you did get a number and an attachment to fit it to your seatpost .... the number is the 'chip' to my understanding

Thank you!

I booked 3pm today to go and collect.   Look forward to the communion with likeminded people on Sunday.    Also nice to see some other people on bikes that suffer a bit more than myself ????

How many people entered?  Last time I looked it seemed to be around 12 000??

14 hours ago, Sampaj said:

how do i get a race chip for this race? i have never had one

i did a substitution and didnt get a chip in the pack as they have suggested

It's not a chip in the traditional sense. It's more a board with a chip inside. 2 little black zip ties, you secure it to you seat post so that the board is perpendicular (90 degrees) relative to the seat post, so the board is horizontal. 

18 minutes ago, GaryvdM said:

I like these number boards... makes me feel like I'm about to race in the elite bunch ????

There is an opportunity here that CSA and all other "major" cycling events should grab hold of. Permanent number boards for Road Cycling.

The MTB crowd have it, why can't we.

my understanding was that the aim was you keep the board as it will be used for future races done by this event timer

the issue isnt the board though its having the tech the sensors, the mats, the pcs etc to record the chips

until that is pooled into one place and shared you will get different boards for different events depending on who the event timer is

10 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

There is an opportunity here that CSA and all other "major" cycling events should grab hold of. Permanent number boards for Road Cycling.

The MTB crowd have it, why can't we.

Um, not quite. SAS timing did this a while ago - the board was 'permanent' and attached to your name. 

Then, they decided to change the style of the board and many were forced to buy a new board for the 947 mtb ride. Granted, it was only 60 ronts (or 1.5 beer coupons at the mtb event beer tent) but the point is that the previous SAS timing 'permanent' boards are no longer valid.

The same timing company is doing both the road and mtb events, so why cant I use my newly acquired permanent mtb board from last weekend?  ????

Its a nice simple process using the RFID, but I guess the timing houses need to generate funds somehow

40 minutes ago, 117 said:

Um, not quite. SAS timing did this a while ago - the board was 'permanent' and attached to your name. 

Then, they decided to change the style of the board and many were forced to buy a new board for the 947 mtb ride. Granted, it was only 60 ronts (or 1.5 beer coupons at the mtb event beer tent) but the point is that the previous SAS timing 'permanent' boards are no longer valid.

The same timing company is doing both the road and mtb events, so why cant I use my newly acquired permanent mtb board from last weekend?  ????

Its a nice simple process using the RFID, but I guess the timing houses need to generate funds somehow

Timing companies generate income by providing a service on the day. There shouldn’t be any other cost, except for replacement boards and new sales.

5 minutes ago, Frosty said:

There’s the number and bracket that is used to cable tie to one’s seat post.image.jpeg.f656267c9eeb85cf637b3eed7915d1a5.jpeg

Hmmm... riding with my Full Sus MTB this time round I might need to rethink the additional Water Bottle on the seatpost if they compete for the same space. Minor problem to be adressed when I have the hardware in-hand.

Looks good though????

I'm trying to figure out if can park my car in the CBD at my work, and ride to the start.  I want to come in on the M70 like this: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/38041849

On the venue map, there is a No Access at the entrance off the M70. Do you guys think this will apply to cars only?

342264783_Screenshotfrom2021-11-1909-40-31.png.bd59a5cf5575aa61bcc78a34dd78eb4a.png

Edited by GaryvdM