Leaving Thule ProRides on car?

Butterbean

Threads like this remind me to be grateful for where I live

Mine live in my car uninsured but one day I’ll go somewhere and forget how awful crime is in most of this place

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sold of the Triton with the roof racks, but Jason Snow is still doing the rounds in Upington, 10 years of Upington sun has done no damage. Until recently theft was not a consideration for our area.

I've had mine for just shy of 3 years. The thule branding on the bars is starting to fade, but the carriers themselves are perfect. The noise tends to bug me, and I practically can't use my sunroof due to the wind buffeting. So I take them off during the week periodically. Did a 250km drive today, and the difference in consumption is significant. 7.5L vs 8.5L without bikes, and 10L with 2 bikes.

Make sure you insure them, and a potentially equal risk is driving them into an overhead obstruction. The horror stories are out there, don't run errands with the bikes on the roof ????

These wheel chocks you speak of, is it the bit the wheels rest in? Asking for a friend.

I thought a chock was something that one places in front of, or behind, a wheel to prevent the vehicle from rolling forward or backwards.

Seeing how the vermin is so quick to steal lights from Polos and canopies from bakkie, I wouldn't leave anything of any value attached to the car....Just a magnet for them....

If it hasnt been stolen here yet its because no-one has thought of stealing it yet. :thumbup:

These wheel chocks you speak of, is it the bit the wheels rest in? Asking for a friend.

I thought a chock was something that one places in front of, or behind, a wheel to prevent the vehicle from rolling forward or backwards.

Yeah you are correct.

So apparently they just called wheel holders.

post-58906-0-10399900-1619591774_thumb.jpg

my average fuel consumption went up from 6.4l/100km to about 6.9l/100km. so not a biggie

At nearly R18/litre, that would be enough for me to do something about it.

Of course I just changed my entire house to LED's even changed the fittings in the garage from florescent to LED ones.

I'm after marginal gains...

Edited by TNT1

At nearly R18/litre, that would be enough for me to do something about it.

Of course I just changed my entire house to LED's even changed the fittings in the garage from florescent to LED ones.

I'm after marginal gains...

At 0.5L/100Km, that’s R9/100Km, so it depends how many Km are driven, say monthly.

For me, it would be 2500Km, or R225 worth - definitely “worth doing something about it”.