Vuelta 2021 ????????

'Dale

On 7/9/2021 at 3:08 PM, DieselnDust said:

Nope, he should be fine. Take a week off after the TdF and then endurance block with a little interval work (twice per week ) for two weeks and a taper week, sorted. He won't star as fresh as say Bernal and how he manages his first week will be key but its pretty doable

the week off includes. no fun crits for easy ca$h, but instead a flight to tokyo and a course from hell.

if he can do tdf, olympics,vuelta in a heartbeat and win 'em all. well well well.

the one thing going for him was how "comfortable" the TdF win seemed to be, he had to work harder for it in 2020.

going to lay my stall out early. Bernal will cruise this one.

Edited by Shebeen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a related note ????

Tour de France winner Tadej Pogačar has renewed his contract with UAE Team Emirates. His contract ran through 2026 already making it one of the longest contracts in procycling but the Slovenian adds another year beyond that. He will turn 29 in the final year of this contract.

Sauce: CyclingNews

Edited by 'Dale

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

On a related note ????

Tour de France winner Tadej Pogačar has renewed his contract with UAE Team Emirates. His contract ran through 2026 already making it one of the longest contracts in procycling but the Slovenian adds another year beyond that. He will turn 29 in the final year of this contract.

Sauce: CyclingNews

He certainly deserves it. 

8 minutes ago, Frosty said:

He certainly deserves it. 

Hiring someone and assuring them that for 7 years or so we will be your home is so good for the athlete. Stability, stability, stability. It's a good thing for his long-term development, management and, of course, security.

The rise of the Arab states of professional cycling is very intriguing. Bahrain Victorious also had a solid few months. It is not just a company or co-sponsors; it is countries sponsoring (like Ash-Tah-Naaah over the years)

The Tour of Spain - 14 sleeps! ????

Edited by 'Dale

It also points towards a commitment from both the athlete and the team that there is a long term plan to dominate the sport aka Sky US Postal etc

Security for both the athlete and the team will go a long way in the harmony needed to stay at the top for that long. 

Things seem to be going well at the team and decisions like this show that there is unity and trust both ways

29 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

How much did Roglic pay for this?

As a Roglic and Bernal fan I was sweating at the idea of Pogacar being at the Vuelta.

3 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Pogačar not racing after team reviewed his schedule ????

Interesting. I'm slightly disappointed, would have loved to see a three-way fight between Pog, Rog and Bernal. But should still be a great race.

On a totally unrelated note: when is the rescheduled Paris-Roubaix taking place again? Two Monuments left in the season... he might be considering having a shot at both. Only Mercx has won three in a single season.

The tour of Spain - beneath the surface is the search for redemption for both individual racers and teams, and the desperation for several to secure a job for 2022 and, hopefully, beyond. For some its training and preparation for next year’s Grand Tours. And it is also the final show for a name or two that is approaching retirement from the peloton. 

Bring it on. ????

12 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Interesting. I'm slightly disappointed, would have loved to see a three-way fight between Pog, Rog and Bernal. But should still be a great race.

On a totally unrelated note: when is the rescheduled Paris-Roubaix taking place again? Two Monuments left in the season... he might be considering having a shot at both. Only Mercx has won three in a single season.

I left a day counter meme on The Classics thread. ???? Can’t remember details, maybe 6 weeks or so

11 hours ago, 'Dale said:

The tour of Spain - beneath the surface is the search for redemption for both individual racers and teams, and the desperation for several to secure a job for 2022 and, hopefully, beyond. For some its training and preparation for next year’s Grand Tours. And it is also the final show for a name or two that is approaching retirement from the peloton. 

Bring it on. ????

and then the organisers throw in things like the Angliru to mess with everyone

2 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

PR will be the 3 October 

World Champs Road Race... 26 September -> PR ... 3 October -> Lombardia ... 9 October

Man, that is going to be a fun period to follow the racing.

Going in fresh, without a TDF and Vuelta in the legs might be advantageous to take one, or even all of these...

5 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

World Champs Road Race... 26 September -> PR ... 3 October -> Lombardia ... 9 October

Man, that is going to be a fun period to follow the racing.

Going in fresh, without a TDF and Vuelta in the legs might be advantageous to take one, or even all of these...

Like we saw at world's (coming after the tdf) last year, and the olympics (coming after the tdf) this year, coming into these races with the Vuelta in your legs is going to be an advantage.