Jump to content

Double Century 2021


Pure Savage
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

We have 30min to get through the Montagu to Ashton Neutral zone, maximum.

There is no maximum for the Neutral Zone, there is only the 60min that covers both the Neutral and the stop.
Your time will not start after 30min if you are not yet through the Neutral, it just reduces your Support Zone time.

I'm nitpicking, but the details matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

There is no maximum for the Neutral Zone, there is only the 60min that covers both the Neutral and the stop.
Your time will not start after 30min if you are not yet through the Neutral, it just reduces your Support Zone time.

I'm nitpicking, but the details matter.

Makes perfect sense, glad we have one smart guy in the team 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

There is no maximum for the Neutral Zone, there is only the 60min that covers both the Neutral and the stop.
Your time will not start after 30min if you are not yet through the Neutral, it just reduces your Support Zone time.

I'm nitpicking, but the details matter.

your maximum time is therefore 60min through the NZ then....

#IknowI'mknitpickingbutdetailsmatter   😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

your maximum time is therefore 60min through the NZ then....

#IknowI'mknitpickingbutdetailsmatter   😆

no because you can take a **** in the neutral zone, spend 45 mins there, then only stay 14 mins in the feedzone and exit both in 59 mins

 

Not saying that because I noticed last year the only toilet was in the neutral zone and I regretted later not taking a quick stop...

Edited by Jbr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Jbr said:

no because you can take a **** in the neutral zone, spend 45 mins there, then only stay 14 mins in the feedzone and exit both in 59 mins

 

Not saying that because I noticed last year the only toilet was in the neutral zone and I regretted later not taking a quick stop...

 

In all seriousness though, technically not. They have the time allocation for the neutral zone (30min) worked out to prevent teams or riders from loitering there and waiting for dropped teammates to get back on since this is a construction site and by law we're not allowed to be stationary in there without a SABS approved hard hat and safety shoes and contracted to be there. I don't know if they've ever applied the penalty for spending too much time in the neutral Zone but it can happen if they see a general trend.

another thing that wasn't mentioned in the race briefing is that only your team support car can collect your teams braai pack at the finish. The support zone accreditation attached to the vehicle also grants it entry to the sports grounds braai pack lane. Bear this in mind if you're planning on getting someone else to collect your braai pack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, copperhead said:

Is this a race or a fun ride? Neutral zone... easy zone... pee zone. Yusses holiday this fun ride. Right now, unless you are stapled to the ground in Greyton you are moving post code. I have moved 2 campsites just by sitting outside.

They should provide charging points at each feed zone for my ebike ....

 

 

Pity about the weather .... really enjoyed being a spectator / photographer / roadside assistant for the 2019 DC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ChrisF said:

They should provide charging points at each feed zone for my ebike ....

 

 

Pity about the weather .... really enjoyed being a spectator / photographer / roadside assistant for the 2019 DC.

Sir... with respect, just get more batteries. Mind you will all this hanging around that seems to happen you should have amp le time to do this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

My Profile My Forum Content My Followed Content Forum Settings Ad Messages My Ads My Favourites My Saved Alerts My Pay Deals Settings Help Logout