Double Century 2021

Pure Savage

14 minutes ago, Jbr said:

This morning the forecast was glorious now it’s **** again…

Not to worry, it is the Cape ... the weather forecast will changed many more times before tomorrow morning.

HOPE you all have a good and safe ride :thumbup:

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what they say about death and taxes.

im 100% certain that the only aim of CSA is to completely destroy cycling in SA.Forget this promote blah blah,everything they do is destructive.

So I’ve just got confirmation from CSA( who were uncertain and had to contact the commissaire),if your DC team intends for podium all riders must have a full racing license.

WTAF

Just another attempt by CSA to scrounge R500 from each rider.

I am speechless.

2 hours ago, stringbean said:

im 100% certain that the only aim of CSA is to completely destroy cycling in SA.Forget this promote blah blah,everything they do is destructive.

So I’ve just got confirmation from CSA( who were uncertain and had to contact the commissaire),if your DC team intends for podium all riders must have a full racing license.

WTAF

I am speechless.

Got the lovely email yesterday - Schools Cycling SA (part of CSA) more than TRIPPLED the school affiliation fee for 2022 ....

They used to have a nice sliding scale where the fee was a function of the number of riders from the school.  So small schools paid a nominal fee, and the large schools paid a very small fee "per rider".  Now just one flat rate .....

I actually sent them an email asking if they intend trippling the fee for the small schools ......

Guess the DC riders have a better chance of dry weather and no wind tomorrow than me getting a good answer from SCSA .....

5 hours ago, stringbean said:

WTAF

I am speechless.

#SubtleBrag

which category you going for? ????

Not doing DC.

Just got a few panic calls from fellow club members and mates asking for help with licenses.

Many of the participants are triathletes so are not interested in a CSA full racing license for 1 event and are already registered with TSA.

53 minutes ago, waseem.musthapa said:

DC still happening? 

Apparently not ...

"We regret to advise that due to safety concerns the OMW Double Century has unfortunately been cancelled. Official event statement to follow."

I'm driving between Montagu and Outdsoorn this morning.  The amount of water coming off the mountain is crazy. Massive gushing waterfalls. I'll try to stop and take a pic on the way back.

Is the Ashton Montagu pass open ?  It is often closed after heavy rainfall .... that area regularly has flooding ....