Worst Customer experience EVER! Castelli & Sportful by Roubaixworld Trading

throttles

Never had any issues with them. Always had great service. 

40 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

more especially, how does the sizing compare to the bibs you usually buy? Follwing their size chart one should size up one size but some are saying size up 2 sizes. Whats your verdict?

I'm 173cm, 67kg and large fits nice and snug. I'd say if you're skinny, 1 size bigger. If you've got some muscles or a dadbod, maybe 2?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, bikebloke said:

i buy from them plenty -great quality -great service - if you dont like the marked prices next time order your gear from europe direct yourself then you will have plenty to whine about 

same here - have only had pleasure dealing with Roubaixworld. Ordering a size up feels like the norm from european brands, sometimes two.

I once had a bib where the castelli scorpion was peeling off, Even though i had used it a couple of times and washed it, Roubaix replaced free of charge (including shipping).

I normally burn the credit card when their specials run.

2 hours ago, throttles said:

Hi eddy, every other store that I had an issue with has always been happy to discuss and resolve the issue amicably.

these guys are blatantly ignoring the question I asked and also refer to T&C’s that don’t exist.

sorry to hear that you’ve had worse experiences. would you like to talk about it? My rant both helped me feel better and may forewarn others.

If you want to appeal to the pitchfork brigade, you have to post the emails here..... We need to know the details....

Based on the emotions you've expressed here, I'm not sure you were entirely unemotional in your mails with them? 

Folding Chair GIFs | Tenor

35 minutes ago, throttles said:

I'm quickly starting to realise why non cyclist think some cyclists are tools.. 

Clearly some people are more comfortable with False advertising and being mislead than others.

Also, what about the R140 extra paid for shipping but they combining shipments? That must also be me "Misunderstanding" ?

Lol - this is literally the definition of irony.  Have you even listened to yourself?  For a couple of hundred Ronts this is quite some next level Karen ranting.  Go for a ride on your old bib bru and take a breath.  There are literally billions of people starving and dying. 

'every other store that I had an issue with'....

I have been upset once buying bike stuff when CRC sent me the wrong hope axle and,  much to my wife's disdain, I have purchased a LOT of bike stuff.... As a matter of interest, how many 'other stores' have you had an issue with?

I'm impartial. I genuinely couldn't care. I just know that in my industry, it's always the same hand full of customers with a history of complaints at various places. 

These sorts of posts just remind me of dot dot dot....

3 hours ago, throttles said:
2. I checked their website again, they do not have terms and conditions on their website nor have they sent it to me.

Right there on the checkout page mate

spacer.png

SECTION 4 - MODIFICATIONS TO THE SERVICE AND PRICES
Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.

SECTION 6 - ACCURACY OF BILLING AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e‑mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

well he does have a point, the sale is 50% off and not up to 50% off.

the Online price is not the sale price according to the advertising so they would be in breach of false advertising.

I doubt small claims court would even look at it for R220 though.

Morally he is right but legally the shop has offered to refund if he is not happy with the negotiation. he could continue to insist they honour the advertising.

lesson here is call ahead to confirm the price.

This. "Worst Customer experience EVER" is perhaps a bit extra considering the issue at hand but one has to agree that there is a measure of false advertising here. I'm hardly an expert but I kinda doubt that the pricing or the banner was an honest mistake - after all click bait is the name of the online retail game.

Bottom line, "All items at 50% less" is "All items at 50% less" whether you're saving R10 or R10 000. Its a matter of principle. Live and learn for all parties involved.

25 minutes ago, Rolf Hansen said:

This really is a non issue. 

They never claimed that their retail price is the MSRP. The may very well sell below MSRP consistently.

Sure, which makes this issue technical to an informed buyer, confusing to a less-informed buyer and potentially misleading to an uninformed buyer - the kind of scenario you would want to avoid if you want to maintain a reputation of ethical business?

31 minutes ago, Karooryder said:

Sure, which makes this issue technical to an informed buyer, confusing to a less-informed buyer and potentially misleading to an uninformed buyer - the kind of scenario you would want to avoid if you want to maintain a reputation of ethical business?

Agreed. From the pricing on the site I doubt that malice was intended. This thread however clearly indicates that it does upset some buyers. 

The fineprint/terms however cater specifically for these type of scenarios(mistakes). 

Edited by Rolf Hansen

15 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

OMG NO!!!

Anyways…

*burn down their store. sends a clear message. 

..or

chat about it like adults and in the process hold a trusted vendor accountable for their offerings plus teach the rest of us something about online buying.

3 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

Never had any issues with them. Always had great service. 

I'm 173cm, 67kg and large fits nice and snug. I'd say if you're skinny, 1 size bigger. If you've got some muscles or a dadbod, maybe 2?

I am 1m84 80kg and for castelli bib size up two sizes from L to XXL recently got some winter bibs cos they where cheap in XXXL and they even aren't too big.