Tour de France 2022

'Dale

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

Here is your 2022 "OPI-OMI" moment:

PS. No blood and gore, but still very disturbing crash with the sound on.

The riders love the spectators, but they also probably despise them sometimes...

is this the turgis crash? The man crashes everyt 2nd stage at the moment, from what I see on the video it's his fault not the spectators who actually looks like he tried to avoid collision

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The losers on yesterday's stage, at least the ones that lost time against the leaders.
image.png.bfe75b775556d888a9c4c6bc7a3e4c88.pngimage.png.c0b57c449cf7a5602c4e473479594fad.png

3 minutes ago, edgarblount said:

I saw something on Twatter that got me wondering. In 2016, Froome apparently crashed and the crash was caused by an obstacle introduced by the organisers. He then subsequently got the same finish time as the peloton. The question was then asked, shouldn't Primož Roglič at least get the same finish time as the peloton?

Froome received a DNF

image.png.abecaed0d413a0595b5b338179718bb6.png

4 minutes ago, Jbr said:

is this the turgis crash? The man crashes everyt 2nd stage at the moment, from what I see on the video it's his fault not the spectators who actually looks like he tried to avoid collision

From my view, the spectator was "in the road", looking at the group that has passed them. He wasn't looking behind himself until it was too late and that's what makes it look like they got out the way.

Almost all the spectator's feet are in the road

image.png.655e05856494a8bca5a891a325a1de91.png

7 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Daniel Oss

18 minutes ago, edgarblount said:

I saw something on Twatter that got me wondering. In 2016, Froome apparently crashed and the crash was caused by an obstacle introduced by the organisers. He then subsequently got the same finish time as the peloton. The question was then asked, shouldn't Primož Roglič at least get the same finish time as the peloton?

Agree, that obstacle should never have been in the road !

This was the Sagan and Ben O' Conner group 
image.png.9c925b2367aa4b35ee889128628dbead.png

Fortunate that the crosswind was blowing (left to right)image.png.e1bfc51c2cf41da59fa8b7dca009f072.png

15 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Agree, that obstacle should never have been in the road !

Looks like the wind from the motorbike blew the hay bale into the road.

Edited by Frosty

33 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Froome received a DNF

image.png.abecaed0d413a0595b5b338179718bb6.png

I think he finished fine? 

Edit: finished 84th with Louis’ group, 4’12 back. 

Edited by Sid the Sloth
Research

6 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

He has fractured his neck in this crash unfortunately 

o no...thats terrible

Also, so stoked for Clarke. From no contract to a TDF stage win on a super tough stage, he was probably one of ISN’s best investments of all time, and he has been bringing in points for their battle against relegation! So glad I put him in my Fantasy team 😅😂

1 minute ago, Sid the Sloth said:

I think he finished fine? 

No, he got into the car

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

No, he got into the car

I thought you were talking about yesterday, sorry! I was 6 years away from starting cycling in 2014 so my history knowledge isn’t great 😅