Spidey's Dillema... Advice needed!!!!

Cruxpearl

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heya all, just noticed this thread now, WOW u are one lucky chap to be in this position. Although i must add that i am partial to the Mavic Cosmic Carbone, i have a set myself and love them to bits.

Your bike looks good with all those wheels, in fact it looks good without wheels LOL as well. I say whatever set u choose u cant go wrong. I personally would opt for a profile set though and use any box rim for the windy days or when u come visit Cape Town LOL So choose between Zip and Cosmic Carbone

I love to see great taste like this in equipment!

EXCELLENT STUFF!

EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Thanks all.

The bike rides like a DREAM!!!  LOVE IT!!!

Also have to agree......THE ZIPPS......

Now....can anyone out there phone the Mrs to tell her that the EXPENSIVE wheels look the best!!!Big%20smile...chicks are mos all about looks.....so she should understand? 

What's your Mrs' number.... I'll send her a nice big photo of the Bora's, pity you can't show her a picture of what they will look like on your bike, then it shoudl be a done deal! LOLLOL

Hi Spidey.... make me an offer I can't refuse......Big%20smile
Hey Worcester' date=' them Bora's in the market???Big%20smile[/quote']

My heart says no, but I'm contemplating building up a Race wheel with a Powertap, cause I really am enjoying the benefits of training with power and would love to get the power info from races too.

Pity I cant build the Bora's onto a Powertap.

But to be honest. it would have to be a SERIOUS offer for me to part company with my bora's. They are really awesome wheels!

i have to go with 101% on this one - is the new bontrager not designed by HED?

spidey - go with the ZIPP - weight wheenies has the carbone at 1821g (clincher) and the ZIPP at 1278 for the tubs - 1672 for the clincher.

i also think that far more research went into designing the ZIPP than the mavic.

PM me if you need some tips on how to get this by the wife - i bought 2 sets of wheels this past month (courtesy of 101%) and i am still alive to tell the tale!  (anyone know how long arsenic takes to start kicking in?)

Ek het al van die Bontragers vas gehou.. jy voel nie die wiel nie.. daars gee gewig limiet op hulle nie..

Man maar hulle is nice.. smiley17.gif Net jammer ek het nie die geld vir hulle nie smiley19.gif

Hey Spidey, nice bike (even if it's a Dale).

Of course you know which wheels I would choose. Wink

Spinnekop, Terwyl jy nou die Bontragers gaan kry hoekom kry jy nie sommer 'n ordentelike groupset (Shimano of Sram) en 'n behoorlike frame (TREK Madonne) nie dan het jy mos nou 'n behoorlike fiets......

Grap net, geluk dit lyk wonderlik!!!!!

i have to go with 101% on this one - is the new bontrager not designed by HED?

spidey - go with the ZIPP - weight wheenies has the carbone at 1821g (clincher) and the ZIPP at 1278 for the tubs - 1672 for the clincher.

i also think that far more research went into designing the ZIPP than the mavic.

PM me if you need some tips on how to get this by the wife - i bought 2 sets of wheels this past month (courtesy of 101%) and i am still alive to tell the tale!  (anyone know how long arsenic takes to start kicking in?)

Not so sure about the research thing, but you are right about the weight. The mavic cosmic carbone is a box rim with a carbon fairing, therefore heavier.

I think it is stronger than the zipp but they are both great wheelsets, each having distinct advantages and disadvantages.

It seems that the vote is swinging in favour fo the zipp so i say go for the zipp. I ride the cosmic carbone and can say they are great also. So it seems you can't go wrong so long as you limit your choice to either the zipp or mavic cosmic carbone

Smile

Mampara.....have to agre......Sorry 101%.....

101%....are you doing the 6.9 Madone this coming season? Big%20smile

WW.....that would SURE be nice to have a set of Bora's on the bike.....But I would hardly be able to afford the Insurance' date=' not to speak off the loan repayments!!!!  Cry
[/quote']

Its ok!!! any wheels on that bike would look good.

6.9 madone will only be available here in the first quater of next year, so Ive opted for the sslx which is the one Lance rode( gonna get shot for that one!!). This model is being dicontinued for next year so we getting a very good deal on them, apparently the Boron carbon which its made from is very expensive and also very difficult to work with.

ps. have you put it on a scale yet??? Im sure it must be around the 6.8kg mark!Clap

It looks like the majority says Zipps.....I like the Cosmics too. 

101%....have not put the Bike on the scale.....my scale suck, so I will wait when I get to someone the has a decent one.

tooHot.
Thanks....yes, the two options will be Zipps or Cosmics (One day when I am BIG! Big%20smile)....and off course the Bora (One day when I am dead).

Thinking of the Clinchers Zipps as I will be able to do the tube change myself..... 

I like the WW suggestion - the Boras look nice.

What is it you chaps do for a living - you seem to be paid FAR to much (ok - maybe it is just the jealousy talking...)