Giro D'Italia 2024: Chirps, Buzz and Updates

'Dale

The Slovenian and the Rainbow Jersey both crashed a few times. Crashes bruise, tear muscle and create inefficiencies and brings on exhaustion earlier while pedalling. Very importantly, wounds can create pain and discomfort which can disrupt an athlete's ability to sleep peacefully and rest in their preferred lying positions. And this all takes a mental toll. 🤕

Can Tao or Pinot or Vlasov take advantage today of this potential advantage over to day's summit finish - 26 kms long, but not quote steep enough to force a selection until the final 4 kms.

The weather will be dry and will turn cold very quickly as they ascend above 2000 metres. Whenever I roll that high into the heavens, my lungs clearly struggle and my lips dry so quickly. It is quite remarkable to experience. And in the mountains, the weather is always unpredictable. There is always the threat of rain or even snow in May.

218 kms an 3,900 m vert today. That'll warm me up!

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 11.56.06.png

Edited by 'Dale

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After getting turned on to that by the Cycling Podcast and reading the book, it was nice to see the race zoot past Castel di Sangro.

Racing-wise, I doubt there'll be a GC move, but the last (many) kilometers will be attritional for all concerned. Sprinters are going to be left questioning life-choices. What's Italian for 'beastly'?

gonna be fun while I fire up the IDT. Apparently hail on the final climb. and 1 degree

Several riders will target this stage, especially tiger that have lost out due to the many falls. I wonder if Bahrain will look at this one very closely… so far it’s been action packed, filled with drama.

Ona side note: Tour of Hungary also having some action! 😃

Well at least an Italian won today! But I missed opportunity I think, more action in Tour of Hungary!

5 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Hehehe

IMG_0744.jpeg

King who? Never heard of her before...

1 hour ago, babse said:

King who? Never heard of her before...

… umm, her is actually not with us, the joint now has a dude, I mean King! 🙈🤪🤭

Ben Healy has tried to get into the break as many as 20+ times earlier in the week. Somehow he got shut down often by the GC teams, suspected of being a likely GC threat.

Finally managed today to get into a big breakaway group today on a course that suits him. 
C’ mon, Benno’ 💗

60 kms to go; 5:50 gap to the peloton - hou duime

IMG_0723.jpeg

Skin suit, radio in the front for more aero.

10 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Ben Healy has tried to get into the break as many as 20+ times earlier in the week. Somehow he got shut down often by the GC teams, suspected of being a likely GC threat.

Finally managed today to get into a big breakaway group today on a course that suits him. 
C’ mon, Benno’ 💗

60 kms to go; 5:50 gap to the peloton - hou duime

He looked a off the pace from JV and the "nervous" roglic 

59 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Lost in translation or arrogance?
IMG_1125.jpeg.073ea1951096cd27756cede0cf22f7a3.jpeg

Helium in his speedsuit, it seems. What a ride by the EF-Easy Post rider. Ben Healy is a mere 22 years old, yoh.

Roglič always looks like he’s barely breathing. What a sizzling attack by the JV leader and lekka combining with the Ineos duo. 

Now for the 2nd race of truth before Stage 20’s mountain top TT. It’ll be matches burnt on both ends before the rest day on Monday.

Ganna DNS as he tested positive for the COVID-19 gogga. That is a massive punch in the ribs for the IG team. 

IMG_0763.jpeg

great riding from Healy...rode very well....looked at ease when he got his breakaway