Giro D'Italia 2024: Chirps, Buzz and Updates

'Dale

30 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Ganna averaged more than 500 watts in the opening 18.4 km time trial for that podium spot on Stage 1. Yet, beaten by quite a margin in the race of truth by the Belgian TT champion on a largely flat course with a punchy climb in the final quarter of the course. Remco laying down the challenge for what is quite a competitive GC field.

The two teams that showed up well was UAE and Ineos Grenadiers with several team members right up there in the top 10, reflecting great depth in strength (knowing that not everyone goes very deep as they conserve themselves for 3 weeks of racing, depengind on team strategy.

This will go very lekka with my mostly black kit. Do you have one for me in size 51? Wow, just so cool.

Read more here: https://www.cyclingtips.com/2023/05/ef-education-rapha-cannondale-giro-italia/spacer.png

It can be any color as long as it is black.......

2023-04-01 (5).JPEG

Edited by Spinnekop

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today’s medium mountain stage will be very exciting as I expect the GC ouens will be trying to rearrange the top 10 standings.

Maybe a strong break can get away today. It’ll be intriguing to see which GC teams will start playing chess with satellite riders in the front. 
I’m hoping that a short bra with curly hair and an oversized pink POC helmet manages to continue his Spring success.

Very sweet to see Remco’s spouse met him on the roadside. I learnt somewhere that he is studying Arabic which, I assume, to connect more intimately with her background.

IMG_0689.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

22 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Today’s medium mountain stage will be very exciting as I expect the GC ouens will be trying to rearrange the top 10 standings.

Maybe a strong break can get away today. It’ll be intriguing to see which GC teams will start playing chess with satellite riders in the front. 
I’m hoping that a short bra with curly hair and an oversized pink POC helmet manages to continue his Spring success.

Very sweet to see Remco’s spouse met him on the roadside. I learnt someone that he is studying Arabic which, I assume, to connect more intimately with her background.

IMG_0689.jpeg

Ah yes love is....

6 hours ago, 'Dale said:

After today, I think the top 10 eyes are on week 3. Collective agreement to keep things civil in the first week before the rest day. 

5 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Interesting! Probably would’ve been quicker to stop and do it properly though 

And get zero style points on the 'gram 😏

Anyone near a TV to tell us what is going on?!

Live News
13:40:36
REMCO EVENEPOEL ON THE GROUND!!!

Relax.... turns out to have been a minor incident:

13:49:28
In the meantime, Pinot has been caught, while the World Champion is now back in the bunch

Live News
13:47:41
Thumbs up and wave to the camera: Evenepoel looks good!
Live News
13:46:44
The fall was triggered by a dog, which suddenly jumped into the middle of the road

Evenepoel and a team-mate went to the ground. The Belgian needed a few seconds to get up, probably a little frightened and surprised by the sudden tumble. He is now back on the road with four team mates and is rejoining the group.

Apparently, after listening to Geraint's potkast - yesterday was the first breakaway win on the WorldTour after 57 racing days in 2023. If true, that is a remarkable statistic.

Unfortunately, Conti had to withdraw after racing for 2 days with a broken pelvis. Tough stuff. So much hard work, eish, going into preparing for a May Grand Tour - focused-ish training (and weight management, hehehe) starts way before the Christmas feast.

I wonder what Phillipe Gee have to say about the dog that 'attacked' another Belgian. Met eish!

Pic by Luca Bettini via Getty Images

Image-26.png

Just add water. 

What a dramatic sprinters course. The Manx Missile lost his guidance function today. Jissis! That was a dangerous line on a double white line. Hmmm, maybe the organisers need to look at their choice of finish area.

GC favourite Remco crashed twice (collision with a furball and then in the frenzy of the final 3 kms looking around and switching with a rider in front of him). The rainbow jersey can consider himself fortunate to not injure himself seriously.

Kaden Groves, who was publicly criticised by the maglia rosa a few stages ago for causing a crash, lost his lead out man who woke up feeling ill and managed to freelance his way to his first GT sprint win.

The rainy and cold weather will mess with the immune systems of these remarkable professional athletes. And more rain to follow tomorrow. Met eish. Health care, ample rest and personal sanitation will be crucial for the racers. Some are sharing rooms and some are in single rooms which help with quarantining.

"It's all good, could be a lot worse. The guys did an incredible job to bring me back. Just super bad luck, with the second crash, they hit me here [points to bloody leg]." ~ Primož Roglič

This sport is not for overpaid and bratty soccer players hey, as this dramatic picture depicts below. Geez, it’s only Stage 5. 

IMG_0722.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

22 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Just add water. 

What a dramatic sprinters course. The Manx Missile lost his guidance function today. Jissis! That was a dangerous line on a double white line. Hmmm, maybe the organisers need to look at their choice of finish area.

GC favourite Remco crashed twice (collision with a furball and then in the frenzy of the final 3 kms looking around and switching with a rider in front of him). The rainbow jersey can consider himself fortunate to not injure himself seriously.

Kaden Groves, who was publicly criticised by the maglia rosa a few stages ago for causing a crash, lost his lead out man who woke up feeling ill and managed to freelance his way to his first GT sprint win.

The rainy and cold weather will mess with the immune systems of these remarkable professional athletes. And more rain to follow tomorrow. Met eish. Health care, ample rest and personal sanitation will be crucial for the racers. Some are sharing rooms and some are in single rooms which help with quarantining.

"It's all good, could be a lot worse. The guys did an incredible job to bring me back. Just super bad luck, with the second crash, they hit me here [points to bloody leg]." ~ Primož Roglič

This sport is not for overpaid and bratty soccer players hey, as this dramatic picture depicts below. Geez, it’s only Stage 5. 

IMG_0722.jpeg

That was quite a fun final 15km. 

Groves actually won a stage at Vuelta last year. Commentator got corrected!