“Is it still available”

Sampaj

7 minutes ago, Zarras said:

Okay true but then you are dealing with a over excited kid or guy. 

He wants it or is on a heavy search frenzy and needs to or wants to decide on a thing. 

Even though it is irritating sometimes excitement overtakes logic.

But it can be irritating, i was that guy in the beginning and sometimes I still do it tho... :((

Needing to ask if a frame is boost or axles size to be sure or small things that are sometimes not on the add, and after three hours of waiting I found something els that will work.

'Good day Blinkyblogs, Zarras here from bikehub. Is the Giant frame you advertised still for sale? If so I'm interested. Rad'

That's all I ask. 

2 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

My only issue with this is if I get a whattsapp with no reference from a number I don't know with no name or context.

'Is it available'..... the end

Is WHAT available?

But that is dealing with people. At work I get emails and messages in exactly the same manner.

That's my whine about how crap people are. But it has nothing to do with the platform, but just how rubbish people are

I would go with the flow and say, “yes, it’s still available. Do you want it?”.

Pretend it’s something it’s not, especially if the person has little to no post history.

3 hours ago, Eugene said:

You just have to roll with the punches when advertising on any classified sites. 

For every 10 responses, 1 may have genuine interest. 

Yep, including the Ï work on an oil rig and the tooth fairy is coming to have a look" 

The best has to be the ads thats been up for weeks but the item has been sold already and the seller still does not take the ad down.

You ask about an item, get no response, but the item just keeps on getting reposted week after week. 

Ads that dont have all the details and when you ask the seller does not know and then you try to make arrangements to view the item so confirm the spec and you treated as if you wasting their time. No thanks, these days I just blow past these kinds of ads.

Clearly there must be some other phrase as apposed to "is it still available?" that would entice a response. However I am for one am not interested. If someone is selling something and does not want to engage because I asked "is it still available?", then good luck with the sale!