Monte Classico - Route Safety Concerns

rorydewet

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone from the east that will be collecting numbers? I am willing to make a Fuel contribution for collecting mine, Please DM me.

Eish.

We have booked at a restaurant in Kloofzight on Sunday, its my moms 75th. I see now the route goes straight past there.

I'm hoping by mid day when we need to be there that the riders have either gone through or we just catch the very tail end.

I had already warned the family to give themselves extra time because of the normal sunday cyclists, have now had to update them about the race.

In the back of my mind I knew the race was happening sometime soon, but without actually going to the website to check I did not know it was this sunday.

Agreed, very well organised and a great route. Having never experience the cradle before it was amazing for this free state bumpkin to see SO many cyclists on the route that weren't part of the race.

On a side note there are definitely some Metro cops that deserve a well rested day off today! Having to deal with Angry Entitled motorists for a number of hours must be terrible.

The amount of littered gel wrappers was sucky to say the least. Quite a few used the litter zone out at thd Caves but just as many didn't. What's happening to cyclists that they just don't give a ****?

Looked like  we'll organized race.

The Cedar road closest to the Mall/Witkoppen road was dicey as motorist were impatient to wait.

Marshalls were also at the wrong side of the intersection, meaning the should be at the start of the intersection, but in most cases were on the other side of the intersection.

Overall, organisation was great, however as can seen all these marshals,  JMPD officers are coming at a cost and this solely depends on the amount of entries for the race.

• 1 year later...