Op1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

Quality stuff. what are their bibs like? knowing it's a pretty individual thing

I have a pair. I think they are as good as anything else I own at a similar price point. 

I rotate 2 x ciovita corsa 2, 1 x Vye, 1 x Adidas skin pro and 1 x Enjoy Cargo proXision 

I cannot really tell the difference.

7 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

2 rides in and no complaints. I've been riding *** bibs long enough to have developed a leather grundle though, so YMMV.

Obviously can't speak to longevity, but looks well made and I bought them after reading a whole bunch of very positive reviews. Second pair on the way next week.

OP - First Ascent, Anatomic, MRP Sport, Velotex, Rapid Sport. Plenty to choose from at that price point, and a jersey is far less of a risky purchase than a bib.

Edited by droo
Edit

I see that it's been mentioned somewhere in this thread to avoid Anatomic. I have only used Anatomic cycling gear since I started cycling about 22 years ago. Perhaps because I am only a weekend warrior I do not have a need for the high-end attire, they have served me well over all of these years. 

I have only once had a problem with one cycling top where the zipper slider's pull tab broke off and they replaced the top without any questions when I took it to the CTCT expo where they had a stand.

There are some good sale items at their online store, but you can also collect at their outlet in Northcliff.

SALE Archives - WearDirect

23 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

there is an entire thread dedicated to them.

My Mirage bibs are heading for 2 years old, get worn every ride. Beside the silicon studs coming off the legs early on in the ownership they have been great. 

On 2/17/2022 at 6:59 PM, madmarc said:

If you go with CIOVITA make sure you try it on first to get your size right - Their cut are for small people who speak Italian 

Nah. I am NOT an xs human being and their xs is loose on me in race fit. Small is positively baggy. 

• 8 months later...

…you know you will HAVE to have a beard to go with that shirt? I mean a BEARD, not a beard… ;)

and occasionally say ‘eh’ after every sentence, Canadian-style…!

but I like! Will post some sites you can find it on.

cheers

Chris

the Decathlon stuff is getting better and better and their range in SA is expanding monthly ....I bought a lot of their running and cycling clothing when I lived overseas and was amazed at the quality and technical design and features..

the local range available is still limited but the value is unbeatable and they have an excellent return policy

46 minutes ago, guidodg said:

the Decathlon stuff is getting better and better and their range in SA is expanding monthly ....I bought a lot of their running and cycling clothing when I lived overseas and was amazed at the quality and technical design and features..

the local range available is still limited but the value is unbeatable and they have an excellent return policy

Where is Decathlon in SA? There stuff is usually pretty good. Bought goods from their London store years ago and I was quite amazed with the quality and longevity of the bibs and tops

7 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Where is Decathlon in SA? There stuff is usually pretty good. Bought goods from their London store years ago and I was quite amazed with the quality and longevity of the bibs and tops

joburg unfortunately for us