[Event] The 36ONE MTB Challenge 2022

fanievb

3 hours ago, Mamil said:

Quite sure @DieselnDustwe rode together or  lose enough to hear the groans. I also did 22hrs 20 something mins. Was wearing a pink mtbgoats top on sat morning.

I do vaguely remember the top :)

from CP1 I had a team dimension data for qhubeka winter thermal jacket on

Edited by DieselnDust

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Now that I have a taste for it there's oodles of time to be gained especially at the CP's

Just noticed again the ridiculous amount of time one can make up (or not lose) at WP's and CP's by not dawdling unnecessary. No amount of effort between WP's can compensate for time lost at a WP (assuming here one's goal is a sub something and not to get max value at the WP's for your entry fee)

21 hours ago, liebenw said:

Can The TB still claim its the "Toughest single stage race in the world" ?

The Freedom Challenge is a far tougher single stage race in the same country, which uses the Baviaans as a tiny part of it.

I don't think they could ever rightly claim that without lying

51 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Just noticed again the ridiculous amount of time one can make up (or not lose) at WP's and CP's by not dawdling unnecessary. No amount of effort between WP's can compensate for time lost at a WP (assuming here one's goal is a sub something and not to get max value at the WP's for your entry fee)

This was my first 360one so it was more about soaking it up comfortably and understanding how far I can go. CPs were or for waiting for pals and a bit of leisure time, collect energy bar samples and the a bit of conversation with random strangers.

niw that I’ve experienced the event the next time I tackle it will be an effort to complete it in as short a time as possible.

Edited by DieselnDust

12 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

This was my first 360one so it was more about soaking it up comfortably and understanding how far I can go. CPs were or for waiting for pals and a bit of leisure time, collect energy bar samples and the a bit of conversation with random strangers.

niw that I’ve experienced the event the next time I tackle it will be an effort to complete it in as short a time as possible.

100% agree. First time was just lekker checking out the vibe and soaking it up as you say. Next time will be more focused time, but still enjoy the vibe at CP's. WP's  is a stop and go

Of my 22 hours 20 something I was not moving for 2 hrs and 40 something minutes. I don't think I could have ridden much faster so that means trimming down the eating, resting, chatting, changing that happened at the stops. 

Assuming I do it again. Which I haven't decided yet 

• 5 months later...

Did the half this year as my first event. Might go for the full 360 depending if the wife wants to tag along then I will be doing the half again this time with the wife.