Matt Beers '22 S-Works Epic

OVERDRIVE

7 hours ago, babse said:

XL fully kitted at that weight is legit 👌

Same weight as my Pyga, cmon spez 🤣 how will Matt keep up with me ?

I should see his teammates (Tristan) bike around here soon which is a large and will be a bit lighter. I was drooling over his roadbike yesterday. I’m not a spez fanboy but boy if ever  there was a bike to turn me to the dark side …

It would be very interesting to do a side by side comparison of Beer vs Burry's Epic bikes.
Not just in build, but how it rode.

This was before dropper seatposts and power meters, but 9.46kg was quite impressive back in 2011.

1996569399_BurrysS-WorksEpic29er02.jpg.30577b12a6beae34f3688b27e0bcd4aa.jpg1272316194_BurrysS-WorksEpic29er01.jpg.25c8142413beaf980fee43b596254239.jpg

Just remember frames are also getting thicker now , manufacturers have seen we are going too soft with the bikes 

Most popular bikes' flagship race bike will now be very slighlitly heavier than years past 

6 hours ago, splat said:

It would be very interesting to do a side by side comparison of Beer vs Burry's Epic bikes.
Not just in build, but how it rode.

This was before dropper seatposts and power meters, but 9.46kg was quite impressive back in 2011.

1996569399_BurrysS-WorksEpic29er02.jpg.30577b12a6beae34f3688b27e0bcd4aa.jpg1272316194_BurrysS-WorksEpic29er01.jpg.25c8142413beaf980fee43b596254239.jpg

no dropper so not apples with apples

5 hours ago, BaGearA said:

Just remember frames are also getting thicker now , manufacturers have seen we are going too soft with the bikes 

Most popular bikes' flagship race bike will now be very slighlitly heavier than years past 

bikea are also longer and therefore have to be stiffer therefore more material

5 hours ago, UnclePolli said:

was also expecting XX1 on the back, but if GX is good enough for bears then i suppose GX-1n is probably still overpowered for me.....

GX is good enough for anyone, XX1 is just bling for 2.2x the cost and 90gr of weight saving.

For Epic, GX everyday

3 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

GX is good enough for anyone, XX1 is just bling for 2.2x the cost and 90gr of weight saving.

For Epic, GX everyday

True. And on the mileage these guys do, splashing R10k on a cassette every 5 months doesn't make sense.

11 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

no dropper so not apples with apples

Ja, I did mention that along with the power meter.

Burry also ran narrower bars, skinnier (probably thinner) tyres, narrower rims etc.

Hence me wondering how the ride would compare.
Old vs, New

the cassette is XX1 in rainbox oil slick. It just last longer. My XO1 diid 20,000km and still has life in it