DSTV vs Streaming to watch cycling

Tri-till-you-die

On 3/16/2024 at 3:02 PM, Frosty said:

If this is p1ss poor,then I'd like to see a good quality?

image.png.4081a895720610bdf80d9154b0324032.png

image.png.1c580e931bdc232c23465393801edfe4.png

@Frosty is the SBS feed free? Or is it subscription? I have expressvpn so would like to give it a try. 

Thanks 

Nige

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, nigelhicks said:

is the SBS feed free?

Yes, it was free when I checked for Milano-SanRemo, but connected via VPN.

edit: but you need to create an account, and login.

Edited by Frosty

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Tri-till-you-die said:

https://iptvsmart.co.za/

A friend just recommended this to me . R990 for a year subscription promotion they're running.  Anyone else have this perhaps ?

I suggest rather stay away. Looks super dodge, check reviews on Hellopeter

Edited by Kuys

10 hours ago, Tri-till-you-die said:

https://iptvsmart.co.za/

A friend just recommended this to me . R990 for a year subscription promotion they're running.  Anyone else have this perhaps ?

Not this one but a different iptv provider, no issues for more than 12 months now. Some IPTV's are geo-blocked by some ISP's, so just do your homework properly first.

3 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

Not this one but a different iptv provider, no issues for more than 12 months now. Some IPTV's are geo-blocked by some ISP's, so just do your homework properly first.

Thanks.  👌

This might not be a popular opinion on here, but I must say, I enjoy my DSTV.

1) The wife (and I) enjoys some of the series.

2) Enough cycling/motorsport/UFC/tennis to keep me busy for a long time. If it is not showing, I go ride my bike and catch the highlights later.

3) DSTV Now available to any of the kids not staying with us. (only 1 at a time, but still)

4) I hate struggling. To go and find a different channel/VPN every time we get geo blocked or whatever, is just not for me.

I guess each to their own, but definitely DSTV for me.

17 hours ago, milky4130 said:

Been using it for all cycling and moto gp.

All stream dstv off it no problems so far

On 3/11/2024 at 8:46 AM, Shebeen said:

I'll bat for Gerald.

He is really knowledgeable and versatile. SABC would send him to the olympics probably with their budget just a 2* hotel and $50 allowance and he would do everything from 10m diving, pigeon shooting and everything inbetween. He does the homework and can easily hold interest in obscure stuff.

some weird YT algorithms go me onto these uploads the other day, and look who was there.

He's a total pro, and been doing this for yonks.

So what if you don't like his delivery, doing the ACE commentary must be a bloody tough gig (no chateaus to talk crap about). Happy to be corrected again in the very near future, but my memory from ACE stream is that he holds it together with the non media pros going offscript and weird.

plus he's a mtb rider too.

He didn't do his homework before this year's Epic and got riders wrong -yeah it's not the end of the world but it's his job .. 

On 4/7/2024 at 10:53 AM, Prince Albert Cycles said:

I watch at Tiz cycling . It’s free 

This was a solution for me for ages until motorsport started. 

On 4/8/2024 at 9:37 AM, Koos Likkewaan 2 said:

2) Enough cycling/motorsport/UFC/tennis to keep me busy for a long time. If it is not showing, I go ride my bike and catch the highlights later.

3) DSTV Now available to any of the kids not staying with us. (only 1 at a time, but still)

4) I hate struggling. To go and find a different channel/VPN every time we get geo blocked or whatever, is just not for me.

@Koos Likkewaan 2 mate am with you. A lot of people are tech savvy, but when I heard, GCN, VPN, KZN, login, watch upside down, make sure he water is hot I said that was not my portion. 

Cursig under my breath, I went to pay and lived my sporting life in peace. And when GCN died I won't lie I loved seeing the VPN, KZN, OBGYN crowd coming back in droves (and just not telling anyone) 🤣

image.png.a47a8f6635c8b9f1f471c2bffeca36ef.png

Edited by OVERDRIVE

On 4/8/2024 at 9:37 AM, Koos Likkewaan 2 said:

8 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

This was a solution for me for ages until motorsport started. 

@Koos Likkewaan 2 mate am with you. A lot of people are tech savvy, but when I heard, GCN, VPN, KZN, login, watch upside down, make sure he water is hot I said that was not my portion. 

Cursig under my breath, I went to pay and lived my sporting life in peace. And when GCN died I won't lie I loved seeing the VPN, KZN, OBGYN crowd coming back in droves (and just not telling anyone) 🤣

image.png.a47a8f6635c8b9f1f471c2bffeca36ef.png

13 Years without DSTV for me @ R800 per month saving without interest.
R124,800 in my bank.

No coming back for me.............

2 hours ago, Spinnekop said:

13 Years without DSTV for me @ R800 per month saving without interest.
R124,800 in my bank.

No coming back for me.............

💯

July 2018 (post Tour) was when I ditched their service. It was R969/month at the time.

Current spend on streaming is R270/month (two providers), so savings is R750/month (rounded) or R54k by July this year.

Also no going back for me.

What I despise about DSTV is that they force you to get the premium package in order to watch the Afrikaans channels and sports like rugby and cricket - so they seem to be targeting a certain segment of the market.

Once you get over that I feel there is some great value to be had. For R220 a month extra we can watch on 3 TV's simultaneously - without considering streaming which I also use - without limit or interference. So whilst my mom is content watching her soaps, we can choose what we watch on our side and there is a huge variety of sport (too much actually) to choose from.

Anything from rugby (International, URC, Champions Cup, Currie Cup, Varsity Cup, Supersport Schools, etc.), cricket (International tests, ODI's and T20, SA20, IPL, etc.), athletics (Diamond League, marathons, etc.), cycling (lots!), soccer (lots...) and a variety of others. There really isn't anywhere else that you have this variety so easily accessible. 

Edited by HOEKVLAG

7 minutes ago, HOEKVLAG said:

What I despise about DSTV is that they force you to get the premium package in order to watch the Afrikaans channels and sports like rugby and cricket - so they seem to be targeting a certain segment of the market.

Once you get over that I feel there is some great value to be had. For R220 a month extra we can watch on 3 TV's simultaneously - without considering streaming which I also use - without limit or interference. So whilst my mom is content watching her soaps, we can choose what we watch on our side and there is a huge variety of sport (too much actually) to choose from.

Anything from rugby (International, URC, Champions Cup, Currie Cup, Varsity Cup, Supersport Schools, etc.), cricket (International tests, ODI's and T20, SA20, IPL, etc.), athletics (Diamond League, marathons, etc.), cycling (lots!), soccer (lots...) and a variety of others. There really isn't anywhere else that you have this variety so easily accessible. 

Have a look at IPTV regarding variety. 

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

💯

July 2018 (post Tour) was when I ditched their service. It was R969/month at the time.

Current spend on streaming is R270/month (two providers), so savings is R750/month (rounded) or R54k by July this year.

Also no going back for me.

what about vpn service etc.