Primoz Roglic to Ineos?

Plentipotential

Does this mean Egan Bernal isn't recovering as well as they hoped?

Roglic to race TDF? It's a bit of a weird buy. Or do they pay him loads to be a super dom in the mould of Porte?

It's an interesting move if it happens and it will be interesting to see how they utilise their resources and team around him

11 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Does this mean Egan Bernal isn't recovering as well as they hoped?

Roglic to race TDF? It's a bit of a weird buy. Or do they pay him loads to be a super dom in the mould of Porte?

It's an interesting move if it happens and it will be interesting to see how they utilise their resources and team around him

His recovery was miraculous enough. But then what happens when he's fully fit where will he fit? 

If Roglic is moving i see him more as a replacement for G Thomas. Someone who can both TT and climb. Primoz is also very strong as a classics rider. 

Dual leadership with Egan at the TDF?

Will Egan ever show us that 2019 TDF form again....

26 minutes ago, YaseenEnos said:

If Roglic is moving i see him more as a replacement for G Thomas. Someone who can both TT and climb. Primoz is also very strong as a classics rider. 

Dual leadership with Egan at the TDF?

Will Egan ever show us that 2019 TDF form again....

I agree. None of the other GC riders in the Ineos stable are strong enough to realistically challenge Pogacar, Vingegaardt and Roglic for the TdF victory as they are just not good enough against the clock. Even at his best Egan will also struggle for the same reason. Such a move might also provide Roglic with his best chance to win a TdF ishould Ineos offer him a guaranteed leadership role with full team backing. 

27 minutes ago, dsw said:

I agree. None of the other GC riders in the Ineos stable are strong enough to realistically challenge Pogacar, Vingegaardt and Roglic for the TdF victory as they are just not good enough against the clock. Even at his best Egan will also struggle for the same reason. Such a move might also provide Roglic with his best chance to win a TdF ishould Ineos offer him a guaranteed leadership role with full team backing. 

While I agree, I question whether Ineos can put MORE behind Roglic than Jumbo have been.

I will be bold and say that I don't think Roglic will win a TDF unless there are injuries and crashes galore, no matter which team backs him

30 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

While I agree, I question whether Ineos can put MORE behind Roglic than Jumbo have been.

I will be bold and say that I don't think Roglic will win a TDF unless there are injuries and crashes galore, no matter which team backs him

but then Primoz would need to not be among those crashes and injuries and as history is being written, he appears to be find these better than anyone

3 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Nope Ineons certainly cannot match JV firepower simply because of Wout. 

FlopGanna isn't half as valuable. 

Yet i agree, i can't see him winning LeTour with Jonas and Pog and a possible Bernal in the mix. 

3 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

but then Primoz would need to not be among those crashes and injuries and as history is being written, he appears to be find these better than anyone

Funny, sad yet true all at the same time. 

13 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

well, to finish first, first you have to finish... 

8 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

well, to finish first, first you have to finish... 

had a quick squizz at Roglic TdF career

2017 - kind of new to the game, Jumbo weren;t a GC team, he came 2nd in polka dots and won a stage

2018 - i think he was there to support special K(who came 5th), he was 4th behind GT, tomD and froome

2019 - didn't race it - 3rd at the Giro, won La vuelta

2020 - rode in yellow all the way until Tadej had his pronutro on stage 20, came back to win Vuelta

2021 - crash on stage 8, comes back to win Vuelta

2022 - crash on stage 5, rides another 10 stages.

He's contracted till 2025. i think JV will keep both him and JV. Imagine they sell him to ineos and he wins TdF?!

3 hours ago, Shebeen said:

had a quick squizz at Roglic TdF career

2017 - kind of new to the game, Jumbo weren;t a GC team, he came 2nd in polka dots and won a stage

2018 - i think he was there to support special K(who came 5th), he was 4th behind GT, tomD and froome

2019 - didn't race it - 3rd at the Giro, won La vuelta

2020 - rode in yellow all the way until Tadej had his pronutro on stage 20, came back to win Vuelta

2021 - crash on stage 8, comes back to win Vuelta

2022 - crash on stage 5, rides another 10 stages.

He's contracted till 2025. i think JV will keep both him and JV. Imagine they sell him to ineos and he wins TdF?!

Well said…