Damage to bikerack, advice needed

Matchstix

So last Friday someone drove into our bikerack damaging the third bike holder base. This happened in our complex parking lot.

The person that drove into it wants to have it assessed for repairs. I am not thrilled  of the idea, mostly due to the idea that something in the mechanism fails later due to something that was missed.

Are there any trustworthy places that can do this or have a look at it.

IMG-20220722-WA0029.jpg.04581c853f9333e4a02452f42d9707e8.jpg

IMG_20220730_182632.jpg

IMG_20220730_182618.jpg

IMG-20220722-WA0032.jpg

Go to SAPS do the accident report and lodge a claim with the other parties insurance.  Check with your complex insurance you might have a claim against the complex policy.

As for repair i would probably scrap it as it is a budget rack not a Thule. Seen the Menabo 3 bikes on the hub going for 2.5 to 3k.

5 minutes ago, Barry said:

Go to SAPS do the accident report and lodge a claim with the other parties insurance.  Check with your complex insurance you might have a claim against the complex policy.

As for repair i would probably scrap it as it is a budget rack not a Thule. Seen the Menabo 3 bikes on the hub going for 2.5 to 3k.

I agree with Barry. And when you do replace it do go Thule and let insurance know, if it happens again they will replace. 

Nee, sy moer.
Go to police station. Get a case number. Log it with your own insurance. 
Then go have your car and the rack assessed. If the cost is less than your co-payment, only then give him the option of setlling. If it is more, sort it via your own insurance, and then have your insurances legal team Rev him to get your co-payment back.