2022 UCI Road World Championships - Wollongong

Vetplant

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Belgium, Spain, Netherlands, Denmark, Australia all have 8-man teams starting. France has 9!

WvA and MVDP are clear favourites (so look for a different winner now I've said that). and their teams look plenty strong. Will the Dutch leave their collective doodoo in the bus and work as one? and will Remco do as he's told? we wait with baited breath... gonna be a banger that's for sure

23 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

Looks like Belgium, Spain, Netherlands, Denmark, Australia all have 8-man teams starting. France has 9!

WvA and MVDP are clear favourites (so look for a different winner now I've said that). and their teams look plenty strong. Will the Dutch leave their collective doodoo in the bus and work as one? and will Remco do as he's told? we wait with baited breath... gonna be a banger that's for sure

He has had a stellar season. That solo break on Stage 4 of the TDF was my absolute favorite, winning in Yellow! 

If WvA was to lose, I'd be happy if it turns out that this guy takes it. He has had an absolutely marvelous 2022, beating MvdP in a sprint at the Giro, finishing 2nd to MvdP yesterday:

Next week Sunday morning is lining up to be brilliant fun. Better get to bed early on the Saturday...

12 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Next week Sunday morning is lining up to be brilliant fun. Better get to bed early on the Saturday...

he is in the mix for sure. current odds

image.png.8d7b59cfed1a25b44a45b29d4b8bb7eb.png

6 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Not lekka, assuming it’s true

DD2E53F8-3D31-4828-89E6-40C281F95CCC.jpeg

As with life it’s a bit more nuanced than the clickbait moral outrage headlines

France are taking all categories and everyone including team management is going economy. In fact the president of French cycling isn’t going to save money. Team manager Tommy tongue Voeckler is in economy 

The 2 time defending world champion mens team is flying business class in the hope it helps in what they believe is a realistic title defense.

No story really but in this day an age of moral outrage I’m sure we’ll hear more 

Meanwhile, a 2nd rainbow jersey for the phoenix that is Sam Gaze - in the shortest and longest formats on the mountain bike. Remarkable!

Matt Beers was in the leading selection of 8 and had a technical and could not get back into that front split, I saw on The Gram. 

D57DB702-7642-4531-BA5A-803682E7B984.jpeg

9 hours ago, 'Dale said:

ITT

Is Ganna ganna do it again?

Intriguing rivalry too between Ellen vD and Marlen Ruesser. 

After doing recon here my top 3 picks 

Hayter 

Evenpoel

Kung