• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Long Wheel Base said:

What group you starting in?

A1 .... :eek:

Obviously absurdly wrong ..... based on a MTB event 

Sanity prevails :thumbup:  dankie tog ...  Just got my re-ceeding email.  

Now starting in 2E.  MUCH more realistic.

Wonder if they used my Winelands and/or 99er times for the re-ceeding .... or just plain common sense .....

@Mamil sorry bud, you are on your own up Smitswinkel .... :P

23 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Very ambitious ... but I am aiming for the magic 3:50 for ebikes .... that is at the limit of my current abilities.

Also doing a 49km race on Saturday ..... so remains to be seen what I am capable of on Sunday .... 

Only ONE way to find out ..... 😏

1 minute ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Then marshal the troops so they understand the memo 😁

I try persuade them "guys let's all be reasonable here, we can help each other" I say... But no ... Bottleneck.on the on ramp followed by more watts than a mamil has up the hill .. sigh

I assume most has received this information already?

Race Number: 3A 31198
Start Time: 07:18

Now we can start discussing the important things like what the Expo is going to be like, what the weather is going to be on the day, etc.

The next important point of discussion is ..... What will everyone be wearing? I've always been a sartorial philistine prone to shapeless chinos and dad shirts but cycling has awoken my inner fashionista. I actually believe that cycling haberdashery is responsible for the feminisation of middle aged men. Who amongst us doesn't browse the virtual shelves assembling outfits as assiduously as the most fashion conscious of our spouses? And have you lied to yourself or others about how much the jersey and matching socks actually cost?

And shoes.... Omg the shoes....!!

If you drop me on a hill that's one thing but if we've arrived at the party in the same piece of Haut Couture (yes HC doesn't only mean big hill) from ciovita or Rapha or Castelli, i will be outraged.

I'm over egging it of course but then again ... Look good ride hard ...

25 minutes ago, Mamil said:

The next important point of discussion is ..... What will everyone be wearing? I've always been a sartorial philistine prone to shapeless chinos and dad shirts but cycling has awoken my inner fashionista. I actually believe that cycling haberdashery is responsible for the feminisation of middle aged men. Who amongst us doesn't browse the virtual shelves assembling outfits as assiduously as the most fashion conscious of our spouses? And have you lied to yourself or others about how much the jersey and matching socks actually cost?

If you drop me on a hill that's one thing but if we've arrived at the party in the same piece of Haut Couture (yes HC doesn't only mean big hill) from ciovita or Rapha or Castelli, i will be outraged.

Without a doubt ..... "I ❤️ Boobies" socks.

Rest still to be decided.

May be tempted to buy a matching  "I ❤️ Boobies" top at the Expo .....

46 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Look good ride hard ...

Yep that's me, All the Gear no idea typa guy. Or "Look Pro go slow".. Got the Aero Bike, Deep section wheels for Aero gains, Aero helmet, Aero high wristed gloves, Aero Socks, Aero Jersey, But my build is literally everything BUT Aero!!

35 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Yep that's me, All the Gear no idea typa guy. Or "Look Pro go slow".. Got the Aero Bike, Deep section wheels for Aero gains, Aero helmet, Aero high wristed gloves, Aero Socks, Aero Jersey, But my build is literally everything BUT Aero!!

Ooooh... Where'd you get those gloves?

6 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Ooooh... Where'd you get those gloves?

Had them for a while, 2 pairs of Specialized gloves actually because they were cheap(R250)... But nobody stocks them anymore and they're really difficult to source in SA... I see Monton now stock high wrist gloves(but the price is a tad steep) and then I saw there are 2 sets of Ryan Gibbons UAE gloves in the classifieds which are brand new for only R300. Thinking of buying a set and just having then dyed all black somewhere. I only wear high wristed strapless, slip on gloves and mine are very tired at the moment(both pairs). 

Edited by FootballingCyclist

3 hours ago, Mamil said:

We've spoken about your Zwift avatar...

18 hours ago, ChrisF said:

A1 .... :eek:

Obviously absurdly wrong ..... based on a MTB event 

Sanity prevails :thumbup:  dankie tog ...  Just got my re-ceeding email.  

Now starting in 2E.  MUCH more realistic.

Wonder if they used my Winelands and/or 99er times for the re-ceeding .... or just plain common sense .....

@Mamil sorry bud, you are on your own up Smitswinkel .... :P

the @Jewbacca, myself and a few of his real mates (im a internet friend🤣) are also around 2E. Since the mrs wont be joining, I can start up front(ish) to help stoke the 2E party train🤘

now to decide what steed and flanel colour to use for this party run…

Edited by MORNE